Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It took a while to get an answer, but Arizona confirmed to the Tucson Star on Friday that an NCAA investigation into its men’s basketball program has begun.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/arizona-confirms-ncaa-investigation-into-men-s-basketball-program-is/article_66d05ef2-6e0f-11e9-8968-17b28220f237.html

Ahh that’s cute. My nephews play detective sometimes too. 

It took a while to get an answer, but Arizona confirmed to the Tucson Star on Friday that an NCAA investigation into its men’s basketball program has begun.
https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/arizona-confirms-ncaa-investigation-into-men-s-basketball-program-is/article_66d05ef2-6e0f-11e9-8968-17b28220f237.html
Nothing will happy to them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IMO Arizona and LSU get it worst. UL may slip into that fold. Kansas will get something but it won’t be as bad as those 3 schools. Most everyone has said on here for the last year Arizona, Kansas, and UL get nothing. Just wait. We will see either way. But it won’t be soon. Next 3-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah Arizona might be the school to feel the wrath on the toothless NCAA. They’re fringe big time and they can point to them and say - hey we do care as much about 200,000 dollar payouts as the 50 cent overage that was an honest mistake (by actual student athletes U).

Arizona might be the type of school to see the faux power of the NCAA while Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky skate.

The entire, ALL SEC, schools are playing dirty.  its remarkable really.  Motto: Hey, if it works in Football, it'll work in Basketball.

And it will...…….

The $EC commissioner went public about wanting the conference to be a better basketball conference. The programs understood what that meant and hired some of the dirtiest in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IMO, the Arizona trustees are hoping mightily that Sean will resign and not force them to fire him.  IMO #2, behind the scene negotations are already taking place.
Think so? He has a top three recruiting class so I would not be so sure. Winning trumps all.

IMO Arizona and LSU get it worst. UL may slip into that fold. Kansas will get something but it won’t be as bad as those 3 schools. Most everyone has said on here for the last year Arizona, Kansas, and UL get nothing. Just wait. We will see either way. But it won’t be soon. Next 3-5 years.

Be years before we get anything from the NCAA. Miller will survive until then.

This case is the litmus test. If these schools skate by, then IU needs to be all hands on deck. Reorganize the compliance department, give Archie the green light to have the shoe companies do the dirty work. Just keep all conversations to in person without any electronic devices around. Hell don’t even talk just write it on paper and then burn the paper. Everything is then deniable. 

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The threat of "punishing" a school by taking away wins from a previous season is laughable.  "No, please don't take away any of our past wins!  Oh, wait, everyone already watched those games and knows we won them, so it's all good.  And we get to play in next year's tournament.  The future is still bright and our dirty past has been washed clean by the NCAA erasing a couple of our former wins.  We'll take this punishment and move on...there's a lot of deals to be made for next year and such little time."

And what the...happened to the whole UNC fiasco?  I don't get it.  What happened there (or, what didn't happen there?) continues to boggle my mind.  Meanwhile some accountant at a no-name basketball program made an error on a couple small expenditures and the NCAA wants to condemn them and "make an example out of them".

The NCAA is such a joke.  I'm glad college basketball is so fun to watch or I would tell the NCAA to stick all their games up their...!

Final argument in the case wrapped up today. Attorneys out there, why was the defense not able to call the undercover FBI agents involved to testify?  Defense argument was that the FBI agent, not Dawkins - pushed the bribe the coaches scheme. Also, the primary FBI agent was apparently removed from the case for his own impropriety (lotsa govt cash in bags in Vegas hotel room - temptation city!)

How/why would the defense be precluded from being able to call them to testify?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"Will you shut up?"- NCAA

"What are these 'rules' you speak of?"- SEC

"Too many text messages, blow up the program"- IU

Deep don Mikey knows the game and knows it’s not going to change. Wayyyyy too much money for it to be clean.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"And I know I am totally in the minority, but I just think this time around it’s going to happen.”

giphy.gif