Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

This info goes back before these numbers were public knowledge and FBI. Seems to jive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember you mentioning something about that. I’m sure his family was insulted at only $350,000 when he could go to Dook and not get a cent! Haha I love the NCAA almost as much as I love the Big Ten

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I could see them hammering Arizona while puke, Dook, UNC, and a majority of the $EC go on with business as usual.

This! They’ll come for LSU too.  Kansas - with Self on text - will walk away untouched along w all those you listed!

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

His masters told him to spread lies remember this guy is an entertainer not a journalist 

^^Totally on-point^^

His job is to make sure others buy into the entertainment.

...and they talk about our crimson colored glasses. Ha!

OUCH!  This hurts.  Be sure to read the entire article.  

In audio played for jurors in Wednesday’s federal college basketball bribery trial, former Arizona assistant coach Book Richardson told aspiring agent Christian Dawkins that head coach Sean Miller “bought” Deandre Ayton and others.

On another phone call, meanwhile, Dawkins said Miller was "taking care of Rawle (Alkins) and them."

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/on-secret-recording-former-ua-assistant-says-sean-miller-bought/article_f8b8b33a-6c27-11e9-9135-c7d4cb3f092f.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share&id=201408

Interesting today on Tom Izzo and Michigan State:

Christian Dawkins testified today: "I wanted [brian Bowen] to go to Michigan State. Tom Izzo told me flat out they WEREN'T going to pay him."

From Adam Zagoria

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Christian Dawkins testified today: "I wanted [brian Bowen] to go to Michigan State. Tom Izzo told me flat out they WEREN'T going to pay him."

From Adam Zagoria

How much did Izzo pay Dawkins to say that!

58 minutes ago, Hoosiers96 said:

From Adam Zagoria

At least they draw the line somewhere?

"We won't pay him, but covering up assault we can do".

From Adam Zagoria

Speaking of where is Bowen? Didn't see him listed on any draft boards.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if Arizona is waiting for some sort of smoking gun before making a call on big brother? ... Because all it is right now seems to be hearsay. ... A guy busted for bribery, fraud, etc., can say all he wants that Sean Miller paid players, but if there's no evidence or paper trail and the players aren't talking, where's the evidence? ... I realize that lying under oath would be perjury, which is yet another indication that some serious sh*t went down there, but I guess there's a perception that a guy will say whatever is necessary to save his own tail. 

Wow. Why would the FBI think coaches need to be bribed? It is no wonder why they have not found the bigger schools doing anything wrong.

Thats probably because they don’t care about NCAA violations. That is how they can get charges against people at the individual level. The defense attorneys are the ones taking this one into the mud trying to paint a picture that this is commonplace to make their paid client not seem like such a bad guy.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm wondering if Arizona is waiting for some sort of smoking gun before making a call on big brother? ... Because all it is right now seems to be hearsay. ... A guy busted for bribery, fraud, etc., can say all he wants that Sean Miller paid players, but if there's no evidence or paper trail and the players aren't talking, where's the evidence? ... I realize that lying under oath would be perjury, which is yet another indication that some serious sh*t went down there, but I guess there's a perception that a guy will say whatever is necessary to save his own tail. 

Potentially lying to save your own skin is one thing but there are many comments made on tapped phones in which people were not saving themselves (ie, they did not know they were being recorded, or testifying to save themselves, when they implicated Miller).

In regards to  part of your point, however, there are no recordings of Sean himself saying things or players directly implicating Sean. He seems guilty as hell, and the program is filthy, but he still might skate.

All we can do is step aside and watch the NCAA go after Cal Poly of Southeastern Fresno for providing one extra meal a month.

It took a while to get an answer, but Arizona confirmed to the Tucson Star on Friday that an NCAA investigation into its men’s basketball program has begun.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/arizona-confirms-ncaa-investigation-into-men-s-basketball-program-is/article_66d05ef2-6e0f-11e9-8968-17b28220f237.html