Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m shocked they’re sending someone when the Kansas administration could just tell them they didn’t do anything wrong over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The rape in the basketball dorm, Dollar Bill’s text to the convicted bag man, de Souza, Zion...nothing to worry about here, nothing whatsoever.  Let’s get some pizza along with the ‘big guys’ I ordered.

Interesting article on USC Athletics involvement with the Admission scandal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-usc-admissions-cheating-scandal-runs-deeper-11552505533?mod=e2fb

One side note- the parent in this article, Elisabeth Kimmel, ran a media company who once owned WCIA ch 3 in Champaign, Illinois. They have been covering this story all week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I want the NCAA to do their job but at the same time, it’s Archie’s brother and I don’t like that connection.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What does Archie have anything to do with Sean? They are each their own. I have a sister that I’m not very proud of and makes terrible decisions. Does that automatically make me that kind of person? Other than being related to her, I have nothing to do with what she chooses to do

22 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

What does Archie have anything to do with Sean? They are each their own. I have a sister that I’m not very proud of and makes terrible decisions. Does that automatically make me that kind of person? Other than being related to her, I have nothing to do with what she chooses to do

Plus, they're 10 years apart. A lot of brothers have a best-friend type relationship. I never got that implication from those two. I have no doubt they love each other, but I never got the feeling they're talk-to-each-other-every-day kinda close. 

35 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

You're telling this board that you have a sister that makes bad decisions?  Lol...good luck :farting_smiley:

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

Hopefully nothing, but they are both in the family business - and Archie came up the ranks with Sean’s help/mentoring etc.

To think that he didn’t in the least get some heavy exposure to it is naive. Additionally, both Miller bros. r tightly connected to Cal!  Doesn’t mean Archie has any culpability - maybe didn’t need to play that at Dayton - but he certainly knows what goes on/how it worked. Mixed feelings on whether that’s a good or bad thing.

Hopefully nothing, but they are both in the family business - and Archie came up the ranks with Sean’s help/mentoring etc.
To think that he didn’t in the least get some heavy exposure to it is naive. Additionally, both Miller bros. r tightly connected to Cal!  Doesn’t mean Archie has any culpability - maybe didn’t need to play that at Dayton - but he certainly knows what goes on/how it worked. Mixed feelings on whether that’s a good or bad thing.

Based on how the Watford recruitment has supposedly gone it would seem he's not playing that game.

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Because Archie used to be Sean’s assistant. Didn’t know how far they can go back on cheating. 

Rut-roh... getting a bit too  close to home with Sean Miller
https://solecollector.com/news/2019/03/michael-avenatti-arrested-for-attempting-to-extort-nike-for-20-million-dollars
or, it's made up... or it's "business as usual".
I was just in tucson and everyone is convinced sean miller is done at arizona. They all want luke walton as coach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

I was just in tucson and everyone is convinced sean miller is done at arizona. They all want luke walton as coach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I just read that Jason Kidd will coach of the Lakers next year. 

Luke "I coached LeBron" Walton would probably have some cache amongst the youngsters. 

Rut-roh... getting a bit too  close to home with Sean Miller
https://solecollector.com/news/2019/03/michael-avenatti-arrested-for-attempting-to-extort-nike-for-20-million-dollars
or, it's made up... or it's "business as usual".

This is what Sean has been fighting so it’s nothing new.

If Nike avoids this and only Adidas gets hammered.

Credit Nike’s management and lawyers.

But.......switching up the summer circuit will fix everything.

I can see them skating. It just seems Nike has more structure. Adidas had a guy that got lazy, who hired an overeager guy that thought he was special and talked too much. Unlucky for them but lucky for Nike.

Wait, the co-founder of Nike paying elite talent to play in Eugene?! Say it ain’t so...

I would venture to guess that almost every 5* is getting something and several others rated a lower. Unless they go to Dook or puke, they just go there because they have great coaches, facilities, and tradition...