Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Tournament success relative to seeding?  Terrible.
But I'm not here for that specifically, I'm just here to see the cheaters burn.

Tournament success relative to seeding is terrible? This actually couldn’t be further from the truth.

But I understand, you aren’t one who is interested in facts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

What??

I could keep responding with facts as to why he is not a terrible coach but it will not matter to you. We have done this before, you just like to have outlandish takes without any rhyme or reason to back them up. 

11 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I could keep responding with facts as to why he is not a terrible coach but it will not matter to you. We have done this before, you just like to have outlandish takes without any rhyme or reason to back them up. 

I don't understand the condesention and name calling by people on here lately.  It's frustrating.

I can give facts too.

In 2011, Miller finished first in his conference but bowed out in the Elite Eight.  That was his best performance in the NCAAs.

In 2012, he missed the tourney.

In 2013 he finished 2nd and made the Sweet 16.

In 2014 he finished 1st and lost in the Elite Eight.

In 2015 he finished 1st and lost in the Elite Eight 

In 2016 he finished 3rd and lost first round.

In 2017 he finished 1st and lost in the Sweet 16

In 2018 he finished 1st and list in the first round.

You think he's a good coach because of regular season results. I think he's a poor coach because he falters in the tournament so much.  You're so dug into your opinion that you belittle anybody else with a different opinion.  Good for you, I don't go like that.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't understand the condesention and name calling by people on here lately.  It's frustrating.

I can give facts too.

In 2011, Miller finished first in his conference but bowed out in the Elite Eight.  That was his best performance in the NCAAs.

You think he's a good coach because of regular season results. I think he's a poor coach because he falters in the tournament so much.  You're so dug into your opinion that you belittle anybody else with a different opinion.  Good for you, I don't go like that.

No, your standard for proving he was a terrible coach was tournament success relative to his seeding. Yet you did not provide his team's seed in any of those tournament years. 

And you only used years from Arizona, he had a heck of a run at Xavier as well. 

Sorry if I am belittling you, not intended. Just not a fan of today's hot take culture because it normally comes without any statistical backing. 

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

I can give facts too.

In the 9 years prior to Wright winning it all twice in 3 years he didn’t get past the sweet sixteen for 9 years. 

Tourney is a crap shoot

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

In the 9 years prior to Wright winning it all twice in 3 years he didn’t get past the sweet sixteen for 9 years. 

Tourney is a crap shoot

I am pretty sure it took Boeheim 11 years to get to the FF.  

9 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

No, your standard for proving he was a terrible coach was tournament success relative to his seeding. Yet you did not provide his team's seed in any of those tournament years. 

And you only used years from Arizona, he had a heck of a run at Xavier as well. 

Sorry if I am belittling you, not intended. Just not a fan of today's hot take culture because it normally comes without any statistical backing. 

I promise I have facts to back my opinions.  Same as most people.  I just believe in brevity.  Nobody reads long posts or emails.  

Anyway, you're absolutely entitled to your opinions.  Same as everybody else.  Name calling is never ok, nor does it show intelligence.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I promise I have facts to back my opinions.  Same as most people.  I just believe in brevity.  Nobody reads long posts or emails.  

Anyway, you're absolutely entitled to your opinions.  Same as everybody else.  Name calling is never ok, nor does it show intelligence.

You're right name calling is never okay. Which is why I have never called you a name. 

But seriously, Sean Miller is not a TERRIBLE coach. Could you argue maybe overrated? Eh, possibly considering he has had talent but not a final four. But like others have said, its a crapshoot. And four elite eights, with two different programs is pretty dang good. 

He's probably not elite, but it's a reasonable argument to make that he is just under the elite category. However, I would say unreasonable to state he is a TERRIBLE coach. 

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

You're right name calling is never okay. Which is why I have never called you a name. 

But seriously, Sean Miller is not a TERRIBLE coach. Could you argue maybe overrated? Eh, possibly considering he has had talent but not a final four. But like others have said, its a crapshoot. And four elite eights, with two different programs is pretty dang good. 

He's probably not elite, but it's a reasonable argument to make that he is just under the elite category. However, I would say unreasonable to state he is a TERRIBLE coach. 

You seem to have a well formed opinion.

While you may never have called names, you certainly did attempt to belittle me by saying I'm not interested in facts.  I don't want to sound like I'm offended because I'm not.  And maybe I'm going hard on you when yours wasn't even terrible.  I've seen a lot of posters belittle other people's opinions on here lately and it's really frustrating.  I wish that would stop.

I can give facts too.

Just curious, what do you think of Tony Bennet then?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Arizona assistant Mark Phelps has been placed on administrative leave by the school. Source close to situation told @WatchStadium they believe this is school building its case in potentially make a move with head coach Sean Miller as NCAA begins its investigation.
Jeff Goodman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners