Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Just saw that. He will probably take down a few shoe company guys but dont expect anything to happen to sean miller.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure that Sean Miller won’t be involved. In addition to any prison time, Miller’s contract states that he will be fined $1M if he’s proven to be involved in as much as an NCAA level 1 infraction. But with that said, one has to wonder how this stuff can go on at these schools and the HC is totally oblivious. Not buying that at all.

Investigation underway at Arizona

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-investigation-underway-arizonas-sean-miller-faces-complicated-future-234415126.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Its interesting he got the top recruiting class this year. He must of convinced them all is good. Even though i think miller with survive arizona will likely get some penalty of in the ncaa can save any face.

6 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Its interesting he got the top recruiting class this year. He must of convinced them all is good. Even though i think miller with survive arizona will likely get some penalty of in the ncaa can save any face.

Or the bag man has already delivered.

Arizona will be the big fish they fry to make an example of. They’re expendable, in the PAC, and don’t have the clout business connections or power that the ACC/SEC and ESPN sponsored entities do. 

Meanwhile for Dollar Bill, Deputy Dog, Cal, K and others...the show must go on.  

19 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Investigation underway at Arizona

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-investigation-underway-arizonas-sean-miller-faces-complicated-future-234415126.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm conflicted.  On one hand, I hope Sean Miller gets hammered with sanctions and kicked out of the sport.  Cheaters deserve comeuppance.

On the other hand, he's a terrible coach that consistently underperforms in the tourney.  So if he stays, he keeps good recruits from going to other cheating coaches that can do well in the tourney.  This lowers the chance of other cheaters doing well in the tourney because they can't monopolize all the top recruits.

If that makes any sense...

1 hour ago, Deserthoozier said:

Arizona will be the big fish they fry to make an example of. They’re expendable, in the PAC, and don’t have the clout business connections or power that the ACC/SEC and ESPN sponsored entities do. 

Meanwhile for Dollar Bill, Deputy Dog, Cal, K and others...the show must go on.  

Exactly

I'm conflicted.  On one hand, I hope Sean Miller gets hammered with sanctions and kicked out of the sport.  Cheaters deserve comeuppance.

On the other hand, he's a terrible coach that consistently underperforms in the tourney.  So if he stays, he keeps good recruits from going to other cheating coaches that can do well in the tourney.  This lowers the chance of other cheaters doing well in the tourney because they can't monopolize all the top recruits.

If that makes any sense...

Sean Miller is a terrible coach...? Oh my. I’m beginning to think your expectations are not only unrealistic but impossible.

Dude has won 75% of his games in 15 years as a head coach at Xavier and Arizona.

He has 8 regular season titles, and 4 conference tournament titles.

Has only missed the tournament in three seasons and two of those were in the first year at each school.

He has been to the sweet 16 eight times.

He has been to the elite 8 4 times.

You can say the pac 12 is not a tough conference, but name another coach to have those accomplishments in the pac 12 during that same time?

As said above, people used to question jay Wright’s ability to win in the tournament and now look at him. And he didn’t even have the numbers Sean had before he won a title.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This how I see it.  Knight was a winner for us.  His record speaks for itself.  But he started giving the school "black eyes".  If he wasn't doing it on the court, he was doing it off the court.  The IU admins got sick of it...fired.  Sean Miller and Bill Self are both walking the fine line.  Negative publicity is not a good thing.  We can talk NCAA, and their idiocy, all we want.  But their employers have say in all this.  Neither University will have a problem finding another coach.  Just my thoughts.

59 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I understand that others are involved here. I’m saying that the NCAA has done all they are going to do here basically unless something comes up they (fbi)don’t already have on someone

What more do you want the NCAA to do?  They hired a big name to form a commission so that fixed it.

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Sean Miller is a terrible coach...? Oh my. I’m beginning to think your expectations are not only unrealistic but impossible.

Dude has won 75% of his games in 15 years as a head coach at Xavier and Arizona.

He has 8 regular season titles, and 4 conference tournament titles.

Has only missed the tournament in three seasons and two of those were in the first year at each school.

He has been to the sweet 16 eight times.

He has been to the elite 8 4 times.

You can say the pac 12 is not a tough conference, but name another coach to have those accomplishments in the pac 12 during that same time?

As said above, people used to question jay Wright’s ability to win in the tournament and now look at him. And he didn’t even have the numbers Sean had before he won a title.

Tournament success relative to seeding?  Terrible.

But I'm not here for that specifically, I'm just here to see the cheaters burn.