Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

14 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

If they do it to Louisville have to think that Kansas gets hammered to. Just as much if not more smoke there

Just as much smoke with Kansas as with Louisville.

Not NEARLY as much fire.

Don't think the news DD is talking about is basketball related at all.... 

Today is probably the last game for the Football Coach. He has completely lost the locker room, the recruits, the FANS!

20+ players have reportedly asked for Transfer Paperwork... not that they will all transfer but it is a show of unity from the team that they want him gone.

2 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Don't think the news DD is talking about is basketball related at all.... 

Today is probably the last game for the Football Coach. He has completely lost the locker room, the recruits, the FANS!

20+ players have reportedly asked for Transfer Paperwork... not that they will all transfer but it is a show of unity from the team that they want him gone.

That's exactly what he is talking about! Petrino will be gone after Syracuse game. They are already hedging their bets on Brohm from Purdue.

NCAA drops sanctions on BYU. In typical NCAA fashion they penalize a program that has barely anything to do with the important stuff going on right now

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2018/11/9/18079544/byu-basketball-nick-emery-ncaa-sanctions

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

22 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I truly feel you could plug and play any person and the result is the same. It’s not the person in charge but the institution itself. It’s an antiquated concept that is no longer realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think when an organization has gone off the rails you start by axing the top guy. 

32 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I think when an organization has gone off the rails you start by axing the top guy. 

I think when a governing body has shown an inability to be the least bit effect (see: get anything right) you scrap the whole organization and start over.  I believe we're heading in that direction.

2 hours ago, barrettballer said:

NCAA drops sanctions on BYU. In typical NCAA fashion they penalize a program that has barely anything to do with the important stuff going on right now emoji23.png

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2018/11/9/18079544/byu-basketball-nick-emery-ncaa-sanctions

They self reported - In this day and age! Hahaha! Tougher sanctions than da’ville for the stripper scandal, just less impactful since they didn’t have the success. Lesson learned— lawyer up raise both hands in the air and let the double birds fly pointed towards Indy!

3 hours ago, barrettballer said:

NCAA drops sanctions on BYU. In typical NCAA fashion they penalize a program that has barely anything to do with the important stuff going on right now emoji23.png

It's a diversion, trying to get the focus off the real scumbags so they won't have to hand out any punishment to them.

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think when a governing body has shown an inability to be the least bit effect (see: get anything right) you scrap the whole organization and start over.  I believe we're heading in that direction.

can only hope

Brian Bowen has filed a federal racketeering lawsuit against Adidas.  

One of the juicier parts in the article:  2COMMENTS

What could also be interesting is to see if any collateral damage comes from the trial. Court documents show that Bowen’s attorneys will be able to conduct discovery against Kansas, Louisville, NC State and other schools, and the complaint itself alleges that Kansas head coach Bill Self and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend were ‘made aware of a bribe payment’ made to then Kansas recruit Silvio De Sousa’s guardian.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Former-five-star-Brian-Bowen-files-RICO-lawsuit-against-Adidas-124973756/?fbclid=IwAR34GuTCT2xoPqEQoEo7rJxWNzwYf_9HU66mBkk8myU03vBIl7M6QscIHTs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was another trial coming up this year and the NCAA wasn't expected to make any decisions until after that trial.

The ncaa will nail some lower level power conference team and the big boys will all skate

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk