Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Couple of more interesting reads.  The first is Roy Williams (then at Kansas) crying foul back in 1998 over Mike Miller's decision to go to Florida.  The second raises a question about Zion Williamson's eligibility but of course nothing will come of that because it's Duke.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/39295516/bozich-or-coach-k-roy-williams-air-ball-opportunity-to-lead-college-basketball

https://sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamson-new-cam-newton-dukes-new-star-face-eligibility-issues-season-210307389.html

16 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Kansas chancellor went say he has con6they followed recruiting rules

http://m.kusports.com/news/2018/oct/18/chancellor-no-longer-willing-say-he-has-complete-c/?templates=mobile

CYA in full speed in Lawrence.   

I know people believe this will be swept under the rug, but it really feels like the hyenas (the less dirty coaches) are about to turn on Scar (Coach K, Roy, Self, Calipari)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I know people believe this will be swept under the rug, but it really feels like the hyenas (the less dirty coaches) are about to turn on Scar (Coach K, Roy, Self, Calipari)

I could see Kansas getting nailed to the wall so they can pretend to care

56 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I hope so.

8 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Kansas chancellor won't say he has con6they followed recruiting rules

http://m.kusports.com/news/2018/oct/18/chancellor-no-longer-willing-say-he-has-complete-c/?templates=mobile

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Big problems at Kansas which could lead all the way to the top. My biggest question is how are any of these players that received extra benefits still eligible? Discussing Zion Williamson demands? Duke and/or Nike must have met them so the NCAA should investigate him and Duke? I would love to see UK, Duke, UNC and Kansas all go down. They have excelled in this cheating culture with championships and Indiana has not. This explains how we haven’t gotten these top players and still looking for banner 6. Kinda puts extra calls which decimated our program into perspective.

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Couple of more interesting reads.  The first is Roy Williams (then at Kansas) crying foul back in 1998 over Mike Miller's decision to go to Florida.  The second raises a question about Zion Williamson's eligibility but of course nothing will come of that because it's Duke.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/39295516/bozich-or-coach-k-roy-williams-air-ball-opportunity-to-lead-college-basketball

https://sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamson-new-cam-newton-dukes-new-star-face-eligibility-issues-season-210307389.html

And now Mike Miller is in a recruiting position with Penny at Memphis?  They both know how this works.

Matter of time folks...

I think one thing to always remember is that Mark Emmert leads the NCAA. He has proven time and again that he is ineffectual. He always avoids offending the big names in basketball and football. He looked the other way when UNC had the most massive academic cheating scandal in history. He will try to finesse the current cheating scandal with some minor token punishment and then claim victory. 

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kansas is the epitome of filth. All those consecutive Big 12 titles that College basketball has admired year after year.

Honestly if anyone deserves the death penalty it’s Kansas now and Louisville from yesteryear.

I was just thinking something similar.  Kentucky is renowned for a long history of cheating, but Kansas has a similar long history of ignoring the rules.  Larry Brown, Williams while at KU, and now Self.

21 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Me thinks ol' boy Roy and Mikey K have their "Sam Gilbert's" take care of their situations for them and that's why they can plead ignorance. 

I've been reading comments on here about this topic the last couple of weeks. My question to all is, will the elimination of one and done change this situation much? 

5 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

I've been reading comments on here about this topic the last couple of weeks. My question to all is, will the elimination of one and done change this situation much? 

No, the schools that have shown to be perennial cheaters (Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA, most of the $EC, and the likes) will continue to pay top dollar for the best available college talent.  They cheated before one and done was a thing and IF it's eliminated they'll find a way to get money to those who influence the top recruits who will play in college.

No, the schools that have shown to be perennial cheaters (Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA, most of the $EC, and the likes) will continue to pay top dollar for the best available college talent.  They cheated before one and done was a thing and IF it's eliminated they'll find a way to get money to those who influence the top recruits who will play in college.

Absolutely. They may even have more worth to the colleges, one could argue. Getting 2-4 years of a talented kid compared to 1.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely. They may even have more worth to the colleges, one could argue. Getting 2-4 years of a talented kid compared to 1.

And supply and demand. As long as coaches multimillion dollar contracts depend on W/Ls, u can count on it.

Holy sh1t, I just saw Louisville got Aidan Igiehon, making it their fifth 4* player in the 2019 class.

They won't miss a beat at all.  Pisses me off that we got taken to the woodshed for freakin' phone calls.