Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

IU has not come up yet. We shall see, but it looks that wY

Are we sure he didn’t? I mean, one of the coaches on trial worked under Crean for years...

Dakich also alluded to TB’s recruitment being shady and now is making statements about how we should all be thankful he didn’t play those games...

He talks out of his @$$

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Cool it’s an idiotic stance. Ask anyone with common sense. If you would feel better me telling him that I can. I guess it’s not yours? You were just relaying? Find one prosecutor or judge that would appreciate Emmert being there. Not a single one would. Let’s put a little reverse truth on you. If Emmert didn’t give two shits about people cheating he would be there. Think about that one for a minute for the reasons Stu said.

Edit: with that said Emmert is horrible at his job.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kumbaya - we can ALL agree on that one.

10 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Dale Brown used as source for Mr. Morality! Lol! : )

No doubt Knight hated him for this very reason. He brought along Stanley Roberts high school coach in that dirty recruitment. Great story of the General stuffing one of their fans in a garbage can also.

From a Yahoo Sports article published this morning:

Schools included in the initial set of charging documents in September 2017, and in subsequent superseding indictments, knew this day was coming: Arizona, N.C. State, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, USC, Auburn and Miami. Others have been mentioned in testimony this week: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Washington and Utah. More will follow. On Monday, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan mentioned LSU, Creighton, DePaul, Oklahoma State and Texas to jurors.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

From a Yahoo Sports article published this morning:

Schools included in the initial set of charging documents in September 2017, and in subsequent superseding indictments, knew this day was coming: Arizona, N.C. State, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, USC, Auburn and Miami. Others have been mentioned in testimony this week: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Washington and Utah. More will follow. On Monday, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan mentioned LSU, Creighton, DePaul, Oklahoma State and Texas to jurors.

Ooh what situation did Kentucky get mentioned in?

Our old friend/Assistant Coach from the mid-Crean era Kenny Johnson with a  trial testimony mention. Doesn't sound dangerous for IUBB in any way:

1. Pete Brush @PeteBrush 1 hour ago
    Bowen Sr. told the jury that Kenny Johnson was initially "flabbergasted" when Bowen approached him for money in late June of 2017. But, according to Bowen Sr., the ex-assistant later agreed to make a single payment #HoopsTrial
    d
    Pete Brush @PeteBrush 1 hour ago
    Brian Bowen Sr. tells jury that ex-Louisville asst coach Kenny Johnson handed him $1,300 cash in summer 2017 to help Bowen family make rent after they relocated to city to watch son. "He made it pretty clear that this was like a one-time deal for him," Bowen Sr. says

Like most of you I would love this whole process to clean up basketball and change the paradigm. I'm not that hopeful, but at the very least I want the most egregious offenders to get their pee-pee's slapped HARD. If Kentucky, Duke, No Carolina, Kansas and a handful of other obvious cheaters skate by- while Okla State and Auburn get torched it will really put the lie to the whole NCAA enforcement idea. 

The LaLu program has always made me nervous.

Zagoria:  Bowen also testified that then-La Lumiere coach Shane Heirman gave him $8,000 in cash ‘over a period of time’ for Tugs Bowen to play there. Defense attorney Steve Haney said Heirman also gave Bowen $1,400 a month to live in a ‘condo on a lake.’

Bowen also said he received $1,500 from Tim Anderson for Tugs Bowen to play with MeanStreets   ‘As I recall, yes.’ Anderson and Heirman are now both DePaul assistants.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Our old friend/Assistant Coach from the mid-Crean era Kenny Johnson with a  trial testimony mention. Doesn't sound dangerous for IUBB in any way:

1. Pete Brush @PeteBrush 1 hour ago
    Bowen Sr. told the jury that Kenny Johnson was initially "flabbergasted" when Bowen approached him for money in late June of 2017. But, according to Bowen Sr., the ex-assistant later agreed to make a single payment #HoopsTrial
    d
    Pete Brush @PeteBrush 1 hour ago
    Brian Bowen Sr. tells jury that ex-Louisville asst coach Kenny Johnson handed him $1,300 cash in summer 2017 to help Bowen family make rent after they relocated to city to watch son. "He made it pretty clear that this was like a one-time deal for him," Bowen Sr. says

That actually doesn’t sound nearly as bad as I was expecting for Kenny. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/black-ops-mission-hoops-bag-man-details-offered-help-college-basketball-programs-like-kansas-230932446.html
'Black-Ops' mission: Hoops bag man details how he offered 'help' to college basketball programs, like Kansas

11 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/black-ops-mission-hoops-bag-man-details-offered-help-college-basketball-programs-like-kansas-230932446.html
'Black-Ops' mission: Hoops bag man details how he offered 'help' to college basketball programs, like Kansas

We're actually mentioned in that article. Not sure what the time frame is.

Well if we are being honest with ourselves Gassnola was up in Massachusetts. Vonleh was from Massachusetts. Not the same program, but there would be some level familiarity. He was a top ten kid from a prep school in very small state. There aren’t many 100% clean programs regardless of apparel choice. Part of what makes the outcome so interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners