Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

That's the absolute worst case from a Kansas perspective... but with a post season ban, it might be enough keep you-know-who home next season.
I think now romeo wont go to kansas but still Kansas won't see many sanctions. The ncaa won't touch them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I think now romeo wont go to kansas but still Kansas won't see many sanctions. The ncaa won't touch them.

I have to think it helps in the Romeo sweepstakes.  Also, still a long shot, but maybe this will move us up a notch on the Matthew Hurt list.

Didn't some of the analysts who projected the leaders for Hurt say something along the lines of - if Indiana gets a visit they could be right in this - or something like that. Not sure if they meant an in home or him visiting us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just had a brief browse at the KU scout board.  Wow, a lot of arrogance, ignorance, and denial over there.  Had IU been named in the FBI probe rather than KU, we'd have been in meltdown mode (justifiably) - yet they have posters who believe it will have no effect on Romeo's decision (it may or may not, but it's certainly possible)

Secondly, I found an article out of Louisville about some more connection to the Addidas scheme:  https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/04/11/fbi-louisville-kansas-nc-state-adidas/505741002/

18 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I just had a brief browse at the KU scout board.  Wow, a lot of arrogance, ignorance, and denial over there.  Had IU been named in the FBI probe rather than KU, we'd have been in meltdown mode (justifiably) - yet they have posters who believe it will have no effect on Romeo's decision (it may or may not, but it's certainly possible)

Secondly, I found an article out of Louisville about some more connection to the Addidas scheme:  https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/04/11/fbi-louisville-kansas-nc-state-adidas/505741002/

They have history on their side. KU has been filthy dirty for a long time and hasn't been touched. Let's hope their pride goes before a fall. 

The fact this is an FBI investigation rather than NCAA certainly gives me more hope for some actual justice, but we'll see. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Flat out saying no coaches knew is really risky on their part. For all they know the FBI has Howard dead to rights

Exactly. Paints themselves into a corner. Terrible wording on the release. Not saying I'm defending them, but that release will haunt them.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Didn't some of the analysts who projected the leaders for Hurt say something along the lines of - if Indiana gets a visit they could be right in this - or something like that. Not sure if they meant an in home or him visiting us.

I think the context was an official visit on campus but this is obviously a good first step for securing that visit.

They are arrogant because they know the ncaa will never touch them.

I've stated on this board a few times that I thought MD could get mixed up in this. The Diamond Stone recruitment wreaked.

And UW switched to UA after that commitment. If only they had done it a few years earlier they would have had Stone.

I wonder if this will end up getting Turgeon fired. He was decent at compiling talent but not a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Still disappointed this primarily impacting Adidas. If the FBI didn't think this was happening outside of them or if they did not work to capture evidence on others it will be disappointing.

Joked early on that we find out at the end Calapari was and FBI informant (only because he was starting to lose out on recruits.)

They have history on their side. KU has been filthy dirty for a long time and hasn't been touched. Let's hope their pride goes before a fall. 
The fact this is an FBI investigation rather than NCAA certainly gives me more hope for some actual justice, but we'll see. 

Yep. Kansas has been cheating for years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Still disappointed this primarily impacting Adidas. If the FBI didn't think this was happening outside of them or if they did not work to capture evidence on others it will be disappointing.

Joked early on that we find out at the end Calapari was and FBI informant (only because he was starting to lose out on recruits.)

No kidding, does anyone believe that Adidas was mixed up in this but Nike wasn't? Not even laughable, it's idiotic. 

Just start listing Nike schools and the indictments start writing themselves: Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Arizona, Syracuse, Mich State.....you'd have to really suspend disbelief not to see that.