Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

20 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Remember when bumper sticker purchases before you were born warranted 8 game suspensions??? Those were the days.

Yeah, that flashed through my head while watching the little roundtable on CBS this afternoon with Gumbal, Bilas, Emmert et al.. When one of the TV guys suggested that some may see the sanctions against Louisville as being "draconian", all I could think was: what word would you use to describe penalties for bumper stickers bought before the penalized player was born or for posing for a charity calendar?

No thanks. It's probably not a smart move to go after any of these kids that are/were involved with the programs mentioned so far... the aura of their corruption will certainly be on the kids, and, by extension, anyone that touches them.
Drew may sweep him up anyway.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The past two nights Yahoo has released info between 9-10 PM eastern. So only two more hours until we start another discussion more than likely. My guess is Kansas is up next

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Nothing will happen to kansas

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

About 1:40 in that is his position of defense. Can't know what goes on...yadda yadda yadda. Get tired of hearing that to be honest. Coaches get paid millions of dollars, in part, to know that they have athletes that are abiding by academic and athletic eligibility rules. Its tied to their contracts for God's sake, but every time...every damn time...out rolls Colonel Klink and Sgt. Schultz.

6 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

About 1:40 in that is his position of defense. Can't know what goes on...yadda yadda yadda. Get tired of hearing that to be honest. Coaches get paid millions of dollars, in part, to know that they have athletes that are abiding by academic and athletic eligibility rules. It tied to their contracts for God's sake, but every time...every damn time...out rolls Colonel Klink and Sgt. Schultz.

I agree. Ridiculous. It would be different if the scale of these happenings were much smaller, but in these most recent situations? These coaches know. 

6 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

About 1:40 in that is his position of defense. Can't know what goes on...yadda yadda yadda. Get tired of hearing that to be honest. Coaches get paid millions of dollars, in part, to know that they have athletes that are abiding by academic and athletic eligibility rules. It tied to their contracts for God's sake, but every time...every damn time...out rolls Colonel Klink and Sgt. Schultz.

I see nothing!

izzo.jpg

Recruiting as a whole is probably going to be under the microscope at least for the next few cycles. I can forsee another attempt of adding a layer of scrutiny to avoid corruption, but as long as the shoe companies are involved and the one and done rule is around...they'll find a way. I hope the NBA starts a true tweener league (or actually make the G league viable for that) for high level prospects so the corrupt can go take a risk on themselves instead of academic institutions who want to compete athletically.