Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kansas and Bill Self not out of the woods by a long shot.

FBI says it cannot release documents regarding KU involvement with Adidas

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, told the Kansan on Wednesday that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

http://www.kansan.com/sports/fbi-says-it-cannot-release-documents-regarding-ku-involvement-with/article_af64a0ec-aeee-11e7-8c18-0b11a775fd20.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

I think this is terrible journalism. First of all, it's a student paper. Not to say that students can't be journalists, but they are basing this entire article on the fact that the FBI isn't releasing documents on an ongoing investigation. They probably have documents pertaining to every Adidas affiliated school as they should. They are doing their due diligence. 

Think this is merely some kid thinking they've uncovered a bombshell when really it's just a piece of junk. 

3 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

So I clicked that link above. There is a picture & caption with the story.... Am I understanding this correctly? Lamont Evans appeared as a defendant in Federal Court wearing a Nike running suit? I have no first hand experience in these matters, but I'm going out on a limb and calling that a mistake for a host of reasons. Does he have legal representation? Did they not mention wearing plastic clothing might not send the right message?

The snowball is rolling down hill now. Hard telling how many schools/coaches will get caught up in this once everyone starts talking. 
Except do you really think the ncaa will do anything?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On 10/13/2017 at 0:17 AM, iufaninillinois said:

Two people involved in the case said they expect more college coaches and others involved with grass-roots basketball programs to be charged later this month.

“This is the tip of the iceberg,” one of them said.

I'm loving this............."drain the swamp"

I think the moral of the story here is:

Big programs and the NCAA know that cash is exchanging hands and they have been fine with it for a long time. So long as it's on their terms.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And of course the NCAA gets paid. I really hope the FBI finds the NCAA had knowledge and blows up the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app