Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, it was a joke but an honest joke IMO.

Paying players is commonplace and always has been. He made a joke, like he was talking to his buddies. Plus he figured he was in the clear.

Shaq got paid.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

There is no doubt Shaq and many others under Dale Brown got paid. Knight hated Brown because of this. In fact Stanley Roberts from Columbia, SC and part of their twin towers; brought his high school coach with him to LSU.

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-recruits-address-college-basketball-scandal-unfortunate-crazy-205510012.html
Sounds like Roy is confident that the NCAA isn’t going to do much to UNC. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Because nothing will ever happen to him. Sad.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Was supposed to share the story but i obviously have no clue what i am doing 

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, but now you've admitted it whereas before, we only suspected it!   :farting_smiley:

NCAA Announces Commission on College Basketball in Wake of Scandal
Bleacher Report - 3 hours agoAMP

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

With the ncaa in charge i have little hope for any change. Its just for show.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Kansas and Bill Self not out of the woods by a long shot.

FBI says it cannot release documents regarding KU involvement with Adidas

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, told the Kansan on Wednesday that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

http://www.kansan.com/sports/fbi-says-it-cannot-release-documents-regarding-ku-involvement-with/article_af64a0ec-aeee-11e7-8c18-0b11a775fd20.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

21 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

BREAKING: New York grand jury looking for NCAA violations by OSU basketball players
NewsOK

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is this a poorly worded headline that should actually reference breaking Federal law? Otherwise, why would a NY Grand Jury concern itself- or have jurisdiction- over NCAA violations?

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, told the Kansan on Wednesday that it has documents related to the University of Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

http://www.kansan.com/sports/fbi-says-it-cannot-release-documents-regarding-ku-involvement-with/article_af64a0ec-aeee-11e7-8c18-0b11a775fd20.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Saw this early this morning, but wanted to see if it got any more news before I mentioned it. Sounds like everything is still fluid and we won't know too much until each investigation into each school is wrapped and either changes are filled or the FBI hands each case to the NCAA for violations. We could be on a train of information that spans months or even years.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ooops.