Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per WDRB in L'ville, the following is an extract of the letter U of L sent to Slick Rick.  Very blunt and to the point.

DLKsE_eXoAI7vJG.jpg

Not much wiggle room for Slick Rick...

I don't see how anyone can read that Doyel article and think he was trying to drub up something.

One pretty much gets that feeling by just reading the byline on his columns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per WDRB in L'ville, the following is an extract of the letter U of L sent to Slick Rick.  Very blunt and to the point.

DLKsE_eXoAI7vJG.jpg

I haven't seen the contract, but that rings true. Very few employment contracts let you participate in a scheme of fraud and malfeasance without consequences.

Expert.

Sampson and 'Ol Roy have a distinct lack of shame.

Even if neither was guilty of buying players with shoe money (which I find impossible to believe with Carolina) when you have other transgressions (I.e. multiple recruiting violations and academic fraud) just keep your mouth shut. No one appreciates hypocrisy. No one.

3 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Hey, Pot... have you met Kettle?

IMO, there's nothing worse than a sanctimonious former cheater now beating the drum to punish other cheaters. He's a hypocrite.

he's ..."scum"..!!!

Every top program that’s been cheating is gonna keep cheating. Hell with all that Louisville has done, they’ll probably be back in the tittle picture within in 4-5 years. I just have no faith in the NCAA doing anything about this. We’ll keep losing kids to colleges that are cheating and that’s how it’s gonna be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Who we hired as coach had more to do with how long we were set back than the NCAA infractions, which were minor. IU doesn't tolerate the kind of dirty s**t that goes on at those schools you mentioned. 

That's my point. That's also why we haven't been winners in the era of cheating we are currently in. (Not entirely why)

You can win and be clean but it is WAY harder.

Gonzaga? Wichita State.

I don't trust Villanova to be clean. Cleaner maybe but not clean.

Not too many schools winning on the big stage without 5 stars.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app