Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Huh where?

"As he started looking at schools, an Adidas rep tried to push us toward a school in the Big Ten and another in the Big 12 that Adidas had contracts with"..............from that article.

Edited by azguybob

9 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I’m starting to feel like a lot of teams are going to get off the hook and not much is going to change. And that makes me sad

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree. RJ Barrett trimmed his list last night. I think it was Duke, UK and Oregon. What do those schools have in common? All Nike schools. 

"As he started looking at schools, an Adidas rep tried to push us toward a school in the Big Ten and another in the Big 12 that Adidas had contracts with"..............from that article.

Player's family makes it clear that they don't want cash.

Thereafter a school, not necessarily an Adidas school, offers them 100k.

Adidas then steers them to various Adidas schools, including UL and maybe us.

Not a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't like the sound of this...but could be sour grapes too. Sounds like college BBall recruiting is as dirty as it gets--hope they clean it up but with the Nike schools too!

I think Kansas is the only big 12 school with adidas. Big 10 is indiana, wisconsin, nebraska, michigan, Rutgers. I think that's right But I could be wrong on big 12 schools

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

Baylor was at the time.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20887538/suspended-louisville-cardinals-coach-rick-pitino-selling-house-laying-low-wake-recruiting-scandal

Pitino "laying low", will be "vindicated" and is selling his Louisville house.

That escalated quickly. Lol

Anyone have possible names for the NY Post article?

1.Kid was picking between Louisville and we think pUKe.

2. Kid was good baseball player (possible baseball offers?or two sport athlete?)

3.Played for adidas AAU team

4.Likely played in last 2-6 years as his father talked about his sons possible desire to coach collegiate athletics in the future....would speak to him being fairly and early in his career path.

11 minutes ago, HoosierRich said:

Anyone have possible names for the NY Post article?

1.Kid was picking between Louisville and we think pUKe.

2. Kid was good baseball player (possible baseball offers?or two sport athlete?)

3.Played for adidas AAU team

4.Likely played in last 2-6 years as his father talked about his sons possible desire to coach collegiate athletics in the future....would speak to him being fairly and early in his career path.

Donovan Mitchell according to Hooker U fans

3 hours ago, hsrtxp said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20887538/suspended-louisville-cardinals-coach-rick-pitino-selling-house-laying-low-wake-recruiting-scandal

Pitino "laying low", will be "vindicated" and is selling his Louisville house.

First of all, I don't believe for one second that he had zero to do with it or that he didn't know about it. Second of all, that doesn't even matter. There's been enough s--t go down in his program over the past few years that any coach would HAVE to expect to be terminated after the latest revelations -- even if he didn't know. But he did know -- he's the one who said "If one of my players has a beer in Louisville, I know about it." Jeezus, just stop lying. 

I am NOT feeling sorry for UL --but it would be a travesty if UK comes out of this unscathed. Can't tell me the Kats aren't dirty!

I think calipari has done this so long he knows how to be untraceable with payments imo. Kids would have to talk to get him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk