Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Shame on me, I forgot to link Coach-2's statement of the day yesterday. He's 'received' a lot of warm wishes from his collegiate teams; no news from the late 80's Knicks or late 90's Celtics. I really want to hear Charles Oakley's take.
[/url]  

Jurich is the best AD because he didn't fire me the thousand times I should have been fired. He helped the athletic department fleece the city of Louisville for 16 years. Stand up guy!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

There will always be smoke but the wire taps/recordings are going to be hard to come by over the next few months and that is the concrete evidence that was always lacking that they got in the latest probe.

This is my fear. Feds wont get the goods on NIKE schools.

Do people not understand the FBI has pitino on audio talking about giving a recruit money ? I understand him being a great coach and stuff but he definitely knew his program was cheating. Do you have any clue who this college basketball player could be ??

Gee, I wonder who the "Louisville rival" is. I am hesitant to dance on the Louisville grave, but would break out the river dance on the pUKe grave.

Not too many players it could be were top players. One player I remember rumblings about was Chane Bohanan. Hopefully it isn't him and something we were involved with.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So theoretically if Ed Schilling did something while at UCLA or the old staff KJ did anything how badly do you guys think we get punished?

Not much at all. If there are players on the roster they could be deemed ineligible and Schilling would possibly be punished but that would be about it if I was to guess. I don't think they would hold the new regime responsible for pryor actions. I wouldn't worry about Schilling if he did anything I'm sure he covered his tracks very well. He did learn from the best after all.