Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

Maybe it will and maybe it wont. The ncaa is not going to nail all the big boys because they are money machines.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think the NCAA may have no choice to do something with the FBI bringing this to light and actual Federal Charges being brought up against assistant coaches.

My apologies but this thread is way too long to try to catch up at this point...

My questions:

Have all of the pseudo-names been identified yet? University-1, University-2, Coach-1, Coach-2... etc? I understand that "university-6" is Louisville... but has anyone decoded it all?

We all know that the NCAA is at best a paper tiger, and probably just as corrupt as these coaches/assistant coaches and shoe companies... but can we finally get the crap that happens at UK, KU, UNC, et al out in the open and have it finally dealt with in a fair way? Run those coaches involved out of town on a rail...

1 hour ago, wirenuts said:

This....that provision of playing the game the right way should be in every contract a coach signs. Doing your job without breaking these rules shouldn't get you bonus points

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think you guys are missing the point

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

My apologies but this thread is way too long to try to catch up at this point...

My questions:

Have all of the pseudo-names been identified yet? University-1, University-2, Coach-1, Coach-2... etc? I understand that "university-6" is Louisville... but has anyone decoded it all?

We all know that the NCAA is at best a paper tiger, and probably just as corrupt as these coaches/assistant coaches and shoe companies... but can we finally get the crap that happens at UK, KU, UNC, et al out in the open and have it finally dealt with in a fair way? Run those coaches involved out of town on a rail...

Coach 1: Jordan Fair (UofL), Coach 2: Rick Pitino

See Duke is the one that I could see being clean more than the others. But then you wonder how a player would turn down the money to go there. I just don’t know, this thing has so many layers to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Yeah but why would a guy turn down 150000 to go to duke? Maybe some would but I doubt most do.

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

Recruiting and Coaching.

You'll probably throw out names like Cody and Vic but there are just as many guys that should've been D2 or D3 that ended up at IU. Coaching wise he was god awful I'm not even sure if anyone can even attempt to argue that.

There are 3 major parts of coaching. Recruiting, Coaching, and doing it the right way. 1/3 isnt good especially when youre being paid as much as Crean was. If I only did a fraction of my job I would be fired not given a pat on the back like some of you all are wanting to do.

Edit: I'm truly dumbfounded by this participation trophy mentality that most have on here.

Perhaps it's 2/3? It appears that recruiting at a super high level and "doing it the right way" may be at odds.

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The problem with Duke is that they are a private university, correct? The FBI is going after employees of public universities for public corruption. Duke may be cheating their ***** off and the FBI may not care.

Feds going after public schools that receive federal funds.

Yeah but why would a guy turn down 150000 to go to duke? Maybe some would but I doubt most do.

That’s what I alluded to, but you could be looking at kids that don’t need the money right away or that don’t have an issue waiting a year to get paid. It’s too hard to tell at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think you guys are missing the point

I get the point. Crean has already been commended for running a clean program. Ask yourself this question. In light of the recruiting misses that crean had, would you now take crean back and send Archie back to Dayton? If not, why not? The reason why not is our point. I'm not saying his recruiting wasn't at a disadvantage. I just believe his coaching put us at more of a disadvantage than his recruiting recruiting ever did. If anyone disagrees, and would like to bring crean back and get rid of archie, then maybe we should start a thread so you can tell me why. I'm not saying anymore about it on this thread. I'm of the opinion that his fallacies as a coach outweigh any recruiting issues he had by playing fair. If everybody wants to give him double bonus points, then fine...but is still Not Good Enough to coach IU

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

The problem with Duke is that they are a private university, correct? The FBI is going after employees of public universities for public corruption. Duke may be cheating their ***** off and the FBI may not care.

Public/private won't matter. Duke still gets tons of federal funding. That's enough for jurisdiction.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

45 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I would think there are some players/families who are not interested in getting that kind of money.

Without Question!

• Those who not NBA-bound, and therefore are not worth bribing
  • Those who are truly ethical
  • Those who come from real means (aka the families with medical doctor parents and the like)
  1. The Jordy Hulls of the world
  2. Cody Zeller
  3. Yogi Ferrell, James Blackmon Jr.

Now, Thomas Bryant and Noah Vonleh?...I can only hope that we're okay, but Dakich wondering about them is completely appropriate.