Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

3 minutes ago, Fulkme15 said:

Thought today was a great day with all of this going on, then I just found out Hugh Hefner passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Why so sad? Sounds like there's a job opening at Playboy Mansion. I hear the benefits are great!

No surprise. Everyone's doing it that can afford it.

System needs fixed somehow, someway. I was confident Arizona was doing it, just like UCLA, UNC, UK, Duke, on and on and on.

In that landscape, Indiana was never going to be winners.

What pains me the most is these other crooked @$$ programs are laughing at the few caught thinking they are clean. Get real.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

So.......

Is Crean the whistleblower? Lol

Main schools involved had guys Crean was trying to recruit or was connected to in some way. Kenny Johnson, The Millers, Bruce Brown, Louisville, etc.

Crean is vindictIve and petty. Wouldn't surprise me at all with all his time off and his "wrongful termination". You know he had tons of dirt.

Crean's buddy Fran Frascilla broke the "seismic" news early. Lmao. This is rich.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean's buddy Fran Frascilla broke the "seismic" news early. Lmao. This is rich.

Whoa!!! Tom crean, the savior of college basketball!! I guess he can figure out corruption better than a zone!

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

The Arizona news just confirms for me that more big boys are gonna drop in the next few weeks or months. There’s no way that this is happening at Zona and UL and not at the other schools getting top 25 guys constantly. College basketball is gonna look completely different very soon

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seeing Bellarmine coach Davenport is a legit interim coach option for Louisville.

Hope not. I have a lot of respect for Davenport. He has a good thing at Bellarmine and competes for national titles there almost every year. Would hate for him to get in this mess just to get run off when the next new shiny coach comes along.

I hear a lot of Crean bashing through all of this. He was an awful "in game coach" that much is true, however if we come out of this clean then I think we owe him a lot more gratitude than he's getting. If he in fact did run a clean ship and we have nothing to worry about through all of this then he would be responsible for the opportunity given to IU to make a serious resurgence. Now if there were issues then all bets off and hammer the man. Just think we should lay off the cracks on him for now.

He ran a clean program, hopefully. And I think everybody is more grateful of that than they probably have ever been before. But he was not a great coach, and I don't think the cracks were anything malicious. I think it was more the humor of crean being the one to break all of this loose

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app