Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

2 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Just heard that Langford could be tied back to Adidas through his father's company making a deal with Adidas to produce an AAU team.

Lol oh god imagine if all of the teams we're competing against for Romeo get taken down but then he ends up being declared ineligible. 

That's probably the main reason he is being considered because he has been through it before and didn't take shortcuts. But man that would chap their collective *****.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

AKA...the death penalty.

Its not about rebuilding. Louisville as of now is just looking for someone to come in and get them thru this season. I don't think that Crean would settle on a 1yr deal for that. I can tell you this, the UofL fanbase in NO WAY is wanting Crean to be named. But, he does have a better record against Cal than Slick Rick.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

to follow up.... Who knows if real deal, but bio says Indiana 1980

in reference to Louisville hiring Fctc

Replying to @LisaKerneyESPN @DSD

How he had the same assistant coach, your at ESPN you should know that fact. How did he get two high draft picks at Indiana? Wake up

7 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

How he had the same assistant coach, your at ESPN you should know that fact. How did he get two high draft picks at Indiana? Wake up

2 high draft picks. Vonleh and who? 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

2 high draft picks. Vonleh and who? 

Thomas Bryant, in theory. Yes, I know he was a second rounder, but that's the one that makes sense as a Kenny J recruit.

Butch likely mis-stated, and meant "High-level recruits".

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is there a possibility CAM's trip to NA yesterday was more than to just watch him?

Wasn't Schilling spending all his time on Romeo until recently when Ostrom took the lead?

I hope all this is just a coincidence.

What are you thinking? 

But yes, he was the primary Romeo guy there for a while. I found it a little weird that Ostrom took over. 

Just now, Joe DeLow said:

I don't think the person put a TON of thought into the reply. Probably just see's that the one assistant was at both schools. 

I don't think he did either, but it's interesting a former player using that as the only plausible reason we had 2 high picks

Its not about rebuilding. Louisville as of now is just looking for someone to come in and get them thru this season. I don't think that Crean would settle on a 1yr deal for that. I can tell you this, the UofL fanbase in NO WAY is wanting Crean to be named. But, he does have a better record against Cal than Slick Rick.

It will be about rebuilding. Louisville is grasping if they think they are getting through this without a complete restructuring and completely getting bent over by the NCAA. Especially how Pitino came out after the notice of allegations and the punishment. I would be willing to be our 2009 team looks like Duke compared to what they will see the next couple of years.

20 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Does he mean Vic? SURE, we paid Vic to come here?????

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Thomas Bryant, in theory. Yes, I know he was a second rounder, but that's the one that makes sense as a Kenny J recruit.

That's where I'm struggling with Butch a little. Pretty sure that Bryant was a Chuck Martin recruit. Didn't commit here until a year after Johnson left. But since Butch has been a pretty unapologetic CTC hater through the years, maybe his point was about CTC specifically rather than Johnson, and just phrased poorly.  

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What are you thinking? 

But yes, he was the primary Romeo guy there for a while. I found it a little weird that Ostrom took over. 

Just that things could go sideways for any program with the FBI digging.  I don't think IU will get caught up in this but you never know.

It will be about rebuilding. Louisville is grasping if they think they are getting through this without a complete restructuring and completely getting bent over by the NCAA. Especially how Pitino came out after the notice of allegations and the punishment. I would be willing to be our 2009 team looks like Duke compared to what they will see the next couple of years.

In the long run yes. Right now though (as per President) they are looking for someone to serve as a patch for the moment. They start practice in 5 days. They are looking for someone who can come in and coach and help the current players get thru this season and try to somewhat make it enjoyable for them.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol oh god imagine if all of the teams we're competing against for Romeo get taken down but then he ends up being declared ineligible. 

I would think a school needs to be VERY cautious about recruiting ANY of the kids linked to the schools currently under investigation, or with strong ties to the shoe companies. I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, so to speak, but cautions should be taken.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Really makes you wander if the NCAA was aware of  what was going on at L'ville. Then Rick shot off his mouth about the hooker scandal, which pissed off the NCAA and then they asked the FBI to handle this scandal so they wouldn't screw it up.

In the long run yes. Right now though (as per President) they are looking for someone to serve as a patch for the moment. They start practice in 5 days. They are looking for someone who can come in and coach and help the current players get thru this season and try to somewhat make it enjoyable for them.

Oh I definitely get that concept, but it will be bad. I wouldn't be surprised if once more information happens they just shut down the program this year. Nothing from this team will count and they already know this. Plus it's best to get a jump on NCAA punishments as they are more lenient.