Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

11 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:
The fact Archie was in New Albany today speaks volumes. I was telling myself that we will see who is sweating and who's sleeping well by how active they are on the recruiting trail, immediately after news breaks. This isn't an NCAA Investigation where the guilty can just deny and likely get away with it, or worst case, lose their jobs. This is a criminal case. Chuck Persons is looking at possibly 80 years!!!!! I cannot imagine a guilty party being in the proper headspace to go out crootin..... Tom Crean stock has never been so high.... seriously. 

Lol...

Not to nitpick, but NO ONE is going to jail for 80 years here, or for that matter, 8 years.

Federal sentencing guidelines! Maybe two or three years with a plea if they're very unfortunate with the judicial draw and don't earn a 5k agreement, and maybe five to seven if they go to trial and are convicted on all counts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol...
Not to nitpick, but NO ONE is going to jail for 80 years here, or for that matter, 8 years.
Federal sentencing guidelines! Maybe two or three years with a plea if they're very unfortunate with the judicial draw, and maybe five to seven if they go to trial and are convicted in all counts.

Oh and if any of you ever find yourself in need of an attorney my man Stu here knows a thing or two.

(Is this where I get the kickback you mentioned Stu?)

Oh and if any of you ever find yourself in need of an attorney my man Stu here knows a thing or two.

(Is this where I get the kickback you mentioned Stu?)

Nah...

You wouldn't want me for that.

Federal investigations? I can fill you in a lil' bit.

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

A'Zona rescheduled media day that was scheduled for tomorrow.

Doesn't look good at all. 1 year ago I'd have been ecstatic about this news. Not so much now.

Duke/UK loving Dick Vitale calling Arizona sleaze. Lol. What a goober. Can he be that clueless?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Did Vitale actually call AZ sleaze?  That's so uncharacteristic of him to talk like that about a school or coach.

Usually he defends coaches at all cost, to an obnoxious level.  He even defended freakin' Larry Brown.

Did we ever figure out who the second recruit was on July 27th in Vegas for UL?

Edit: The meeting was on the 27th. Right after big Vegas tournament. I don't think it was Romeo, but he was at that tournament as was every good Adidas player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know someone has brought this up today but if the FBI did something like this on college football.. good lord, they would just shut the whole sport down, the NCAA down. Can’t imagine what’s all going on with football

Did we ever figure out who the second recruit was on July 27th in Vegas for UL?

Edit: The meeting was on the 27th. Right after big Vegas tournament. I don't think it was Romeo, but he was at that tournament as was every good Adidas player.

It's a 2019 recruit

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

I think anyone who is a fan of a big-time college basketball program has to be a little uneasy tonight. These kids all play against and know each other. It's hard for me to believe that they aren't pretty wired into what is going on. The more prevalent the cheating is, the easier it is to get caught up in it. It's the old "everyone is doing it so why not" argument. I have no reason to believe that Coach Miller is involved, but I admit I feel a little concerned.

That's about as well as this can be stated.  Well done.  Sadly, it confirms a lot of things, too.  Again, well stated.

I know someone has brought this up today but if the FIB did something like this on college football.. good lord, they would just shut the whole sport down, the NCAA down. Can’t imagine what’s all going on with football

Maybe they are. It just hasn't come out yet. We can only hope

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app