Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Adidas school FYI.

Any Nike schools that we know of? Adidas may be looking very bad here...

Arizona Under Armor

OK St. Nike

Auburn Under Armor

USC Nike

These are the @$$. coaches that were arrested.

There is a lot of speculation about the coaches, administration, and execs of different companies, but I haven't seen anything about what it means for the athletes.  Will players that have been proven to take money be ineligible/kicked out of school or what? I'm sure there are a number of things that could happen, but is there a precedent for this that might be on a smaller scale? 

dad01907b190b2028c6ffe95bb007e5d.jpg&key=bd2143d0167886eac9641f62bd97a0526489c359da1e2efb340b3359b12bd2b6

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh really... Won't tolerate it huh? Well his predecessor laid a foundation of non-compliance and overall bad judgement (https://www.google.com/amp/www.louisvillecardinal.com/2016/06/timeline-u-l-scandals/amp/). You can't change that in a year without sweeping changes. They did everything they could to protect the Athletic Department. We have been there. It's bad and unfortunately the boosters have to understand this can't go on. IMO they will have basketball suspended for a year. The NCAA has to.

[/url]0078ffdca8ef21e8128df64c8b84ab52.jpg&key=53106ddbd9b0a0934031393314dcc08e62893e5046931f99f098e86dfa098e50
Don’t know the source, but ITH quoted it

No idea on source but someone on that thread said Pitino and more are out and that’s already been decided. Who knows, but would not surprise me in the least.

No idea on source but someone on that thread said Pitino and more are out and that’s already been decided. Who knows, but would not surprise me in the least.

Yep. My buddy is a huge UL homer and said it's done.

2 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

SO ... basically, everyone who should have already been fired with the Hookers situation?  Serves U of L right for not fully addressing as they should have a long time ago.

I called my brother who is a huge UofL fan and his only real response was repeating the f word over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ha my buddy isn't my brother but I got the same response. It's truly funny cause he gave me so much crap for text messages and what we got. He even said everyone he is talking expects something similar to what SMU got due to the initial case lack of cooperation and then strong rebuttal. Then this. We may be witnessing the craziest thing in college basketball.