Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Notre Dame @ 7 ET on BTN

Aside from five minutes early on, Indiana dominated the first half. Still not a lot of great chances on goal. Warr had the best one late on. Hubbard’s a good keeper but he hasn’t really been tested yet.

Indiana is the deeper team and should have fresher legs in the second half. Hope it shows.

Side note - BTN really needs to learn to time their replays better. Miss too much action because they want to show something instantly instead of waiting for a proper moment.

This is great college soccer and this Notre Dame team the best we've faced this year. We are doing our best to score but their D turning us away at every attempt. We are being smart with the ball getting best shot available but they are more than up to task. After a slow first few minutes we have asserted ourselves well and just need to find the net which won't be easy. 

Looks from TV like by far best crowd of year at around 4,000-5,0000 (just a guess based on the one side I can see) and very glad to see fans turned out for this great match!

Update: attendance was 4,654 which is 11th largest in history per IU twitter. It's the largest non opening weekend crowd I can recall (although my memory is foggy on that). Great job by the fans who were treated to an awesome match. I was just thinking attendance may be down a bit this year but tonight banished that thought and if we keep playing like this people will continue to show up.  

Big time win against a really good team. That will be massive for the RPI come tournament time.

Game was open in the second half. Dorsey offers something no one else on the team really does. The ability to run by players and create 1v1. He just didn’t have it tonight. Kept giving it away. Credit to Yeagley for realizing that. Replaced Dorsey with Glass, brought Hycaenth on and pushed Thomas up a bit.

The moved paid off inmediately. Thomas held the ball up, pushed it wide to Glass. Glass put in a low ball, a great dummy from Hyacneth pulled the defenders and froze the goalie. Panchot punched it home.

After that, IU played compact. Fortunate the goal was ruled off. Rightly, I believe, but still fortunate.

The defense is good enough to keep IU in every game this season, just have to continue to find goals.

We did it!

This leaves no doubt in my mind we have our best team since around 2005 with Jerry Yeagley and Mike Freitag (I know we won it in 2012 but that was not a truly elite team and so far I think this one is). D just doesn't allow chances to anyone and we finally score adequately to match it and are extremely deep. Don't know if we win it all but barring some slip we should have top 4 seed and home field all the way to college cup. We definitely are legitimately looking like the number 1 team we are ranked and I am very excited to see what this season continues to bring.