Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

Volleyball vs Illinois 9/20 7 pm

3 hours ago, mamasa said:

Illinois in straight sets, not the same IU team I've followed this season!  Hoping it's nerves or just an off night!

I don't want to be Mr. Negative but while I am hopefully this team will be better I have not been sold. They played a super easy schedule and even lost a game to one of the mediocre teams and were pushed by others.

Despite the gaudy record they didn't receive a single top 25 vote in any polls which says a lot. I hope things go OK and we will learn a lot Saturday against a mediocre but improving Maryland team but given how hard the Big Ten is I won't be surprised if this team falls flat in Big Ten play. 

I don't think this is the year we are truly solid, most likely in next 2 years. Huge number of freshmen and sophomores. The team's overall play has been better than last year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

I don't think this is the year we are truly solid, most likely in next 2 years. Huge number of freshmen and sophomores. The team's overall play has been better than last year

Team is definitely improving but still a bit to go. I also would assume it will get easier to recruit next year moving into the nice new stadium as well.

One of the kids that is friends w my daughter is going to school for team management (I didn't know that existed lol) and is a volleyball player. She mentioned exactly what you said, that the facilities have been generating talk among recruiting circles!