Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Michigan @ 7:30 ET on BTN

I don't care what the paper rankings say. Michigan is NOT the 18th best team in the country. They have one forward Francis Atuahene who is very good but the rest of their guys wouldn't play on our team. Four wins against terrible teams does not make you a top 20 team.

As for us great start but sloppy ending to half but got our goal and the lead. Need to get refocused add an early one in 2nd half and put game away. 

Indiana looked a whole lot more like the Indiana we've seen the last few years and not the first five games of this season. 

After the RB went down, the back-line was completely disjointed. The CB, might have been Mehl, and Muse were both pretty awful on the Michigan goal. Lillard didn't have a great night either. Thought Gutman was the best Indiana player tonight. Got the goal and had some key interceptions that led to a few counters. Yeagley's decision to start Warr was interesting. Maybe he thought Toye would have tired legs or maybe he wanted a more physical presence. Either way, it shows that Hyacenth will be used as a super-sub all season.

Maybe there were some tired legs after the OT match against Maryland, but there's no reason to not get a result against a mediocre Michigan team. Especially after being up a goal. Can't draw these types of games and expect to win the Big Ten. Hope we get to see Rennicks on the pitch this season

Swartz did have an absolutely dirty finish ruled incorrectly offside in the first half, but not a lot going on after that.

I will echo that after the goal we looked awful.

With that said I don't agree we looked like last years team. Last years team was incapable of scoring. Tonight we just did not give a good effort more than anything as we had almost no opportunity. Last year we had every chance in the book and couldn't convert. Yeagley said this team was not overconfident but it looked to me like they believed the hype to much and I hope this is a lesson to them that you have to earn everything. I also do think that change on defense hurt after the injury as Kleyn has been really good.

What was most disappointing is a lot of teams try to pack it in defensively and play for a tie which Michigan did not at all and we still could not do anything. On Sunday Northwestern is the ultimate pack in defense with no attack but they have not been quite as good this year so hopefully we can rebound and learn from a terrible performance tonight.  We won't play many teams as good as Maryland (only Notre Dame) or as bad as San Francisco but the vast majority will be very similar slightly above average teams like Michigan and its imperative we get results against this type of team and not take anything for granted which is what I think may have happened tonight. 

Only positive I saw is Muse finally was tested in goal and absolutely showed he could handle it. At times tonight I thought we would lose given how lackluster we played but Muse saved a tie. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We going to get Rennicks healthy this season?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

No idea. As I said he was in a boot when I was there 10 days ago but have not been or noticed him since watching on TV. Going to Rutgers game in 10 days so I will update if I notice anything new in warm ups.