Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) Center - Arielle Wisne to IUWBB

Wisne emerged over the course of this past summer, earning her first scholarship offer in May from Nebraska-Omaha and following that up with offers from Cal State-Bakersfield, Indiana and Colorado.

As a junior at Horizon High School in Colorado, Wisne is averaging four points, seven rebounds and two blocked shots per game for the 10-1 Hawks, ranked fifth in the state in Class 5A.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2018/01/wisne-gives-iu-women-2nd-2019-commit-iuwbb/

Jon Blau:  Will have a story about IU's second 2019 commit, 6-foot-5 post Arielle Wisne, in tomorrow's paper. She says she wants to redshirt her freshman year at IU in 2019-20.  Wisne currently averages 3.7 points and 6.5 rebounds per game as a junior at Horizon High in Thornton, Colorado. Said she wants to use her freshman year to develop. Also wants to be a broadcast major at IU's Media School.

Jon Blau:  Will have a story about IU's second 2019 commit, 6-foot-5 post Arielle Wisne, in tomorrow's paper. She says she wants to redshirt her freshman year at IU in 2019-20.  Wisne currently averages 3.7 points and 6.5 rebounds per game as a junior at Horizon High in Thornton, Colorado. Said she wants to use her freshman year to develop. Also wants to be a broadcast major at IU's Media School.

Kinda refreshing to hear someone knowing they need development!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I enjoy monitoring this forum to get a lot of different opinions and points of view on I U women's basketball.  I have never commented on this site until now. I saw this post a while ago and couldn't contain myself any longer.  I have enjoyed watching the team improve over the last several years and I am hopeful for a continued improvement.  Although we are at mid-season, I am considering this year a learning or rebuilding year, in the hopes that we will continue an upward trend after this year.  That being said, if Wisne needs a year to improve, then I don't think IU is the place to go for her at this time.  In the last several years, there has only been one player that has stuck around and improved and that is Kym Royster.  All the other players with promise have not improved and not stuck around.  I don't think the current I U women's staff is very interested in developing players with potential.  They seem to be more interested in recruiting players who can make an immediate impact.  Established powerhouse programs can afford to recruit only players that can have an immediate impact, but other programs, like I U, need to be able to develop players in order to get to the next level.  Although that seems to be the plan, it currently is not the reality for I U wbb.  I think for Wisne's own good, she needs to go to a program where either she can be an immediate impact, or go to a program where she can develop.  Unfortunately, I don't think I U can offer her either one of those options at this time.

I'll try to ignore the "Purdue Jockstrap" designation as this may actually be my only post ever, although it is pretty funny.

Welcome to the posting side! We definitely have one of the more connected and knowledgeable women’s basketball fan forum here- it’d be nice to have another voice!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Here’s the scoop on horizon.  Have 3 really good guards.  One Izzy Allen scores 15-20 puts a game and plays like a man, has bad grades.  The other 2 average 15-20 also.  They shoot a lot of threes and steal the ball and make quick runs.  They do not utilize an inside game at all.  They rely heavily on perimeter for scoring.  With Arielle Wisne’s club she scores closer to 10-15 a game.

@BCDenver_WBB: 2019 @IndianaWBB commit Arielle Wisne (Horizon) takes final visit to IU with her incoming class. These future Hoosiers are going to be special. So proud of you @awis126460! #BCDFamily #HoosierNation @IndianaWBB #IndianaWBB @postpreps @IUHoosiers

DnQKf9uVsAAk3Q-.jpg