Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ChiHoosier5

What to do with Remaining Scholarships

I feel like this keeps getting brought up in most of the active threads, what to do with the remaining scholarships. There seems to be a lot of misconceptions that if we take 2 more scholarships for the 2018 Class we will be over signed. See below, that is not the case. Personally, I think for 2018 we should try to get Romeo (obviously) who will be gone after one year so there will still be that scholarship available for 2019. Then, I think we try to get a top guy like Garland. If we don't get those guys, we bank them for 2019 where we sit well with many top 50 players. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 10.32.30 PM.png

Pretty much my opinion as well.

#1- Romeo
#2- Garland

Go hard for both, leave nothing behind.

If we get 1 of the 2.

Go for position of need as necessary.

If the staff uses both remaining ships I'm not going to fret about 2019 ships. It's not my job to fret. We will have 2-4 ships for 19 if we get Romeo and depending on the last ship.

Forrester is the hot name right now with the OV scheduled. Idk. He may project as a later impact player. A developmental type guy. I think Archie really likes guys like that.

Garland and Romeo would be the Dream but then I'd think we were way too guard heavy. Something has to give.

I don't think we'll get Garland.

If we are lucky enough to get Romeo the last ship is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't see us landing Garland but HH with Romeo... we have a chance.

If Romeo wants to be a Hoosier, that's not even a question.

If the staff believes Forrester is a limited back up big contribution until he's a junior/senior than you consider it.

Like Fleek said, someone will see the writing on the wall. Maybe a junior in 2019, decides to go pro or is a grad transfer.

I feel it's likely we have at least 3 open scholarships for 2019.

I guess it's just part of the game today, but I hate having to anticipate/hope for a player to leave or transfer so that you have the scholarships available that you want. I think at least Archie will have more of a plan so that we aren't over-signing by 2-3 players every year. A guy like Romeo, you have to assume is a one year player, but I certainly don't like the idea of forcing players out every year.

I also get that there is some transition here and maybe certain players aren't going to like how they are being used, PT, etc. I would just like to leave the Creaning firmly in our rearview.

Romeo has said that he considers Louisville to be his hometown. Hookers didn't seem to scare him away.  I believe that is where he lands. Not saying we don't have a shot, we may just need more time and a little luck. Seems like Garland to Vandy/Duke, So I could see us landing Forrester.  We are in on some really good elite recruits in 19. I just hope we have room.

Edited by Bowhunter

40 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Just being his hometown doesn't mean he will go there. IU is the instate school. He would be JAG at Hooker U or Kansas.

Based on what I have read his family values education and IU is a far better school than Louisville. The Kelley School of Business is a big draw for some athletes. It was for Zeller. 

Unless he wants to be an engineer of course, and then he would head to Louisville for their Speed School. 

Has family may value academics, but if all goes according to plan, he will only be on campus for a year.