Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Indiana vs OSU Game Thread - 8/31 @ 8:00ET on ESPN

Gates are going to open at 5:45 so people can watch ESPN Gameday live. As of right now they are saying that tailgates will open 5 hours before the game but hoping they move that up a little. Gameday will be setup in the endzone I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Gates are going to open at 5:45 so people can watch ESPN Gameday live. As of right now they are saying that tailgates will open 5 hours before the game but hoping they move that up a little. Gameday will be setup in the endzone I believe. 

Do you know what time the parking lots will be open? Planning on getting there around 1:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I asked that yesterday and was told 3 as of right now. I'm hoping that gets moved up a little. I wanted to setup my tailgate around 2 or so.

Yeah that's a little too late in my opinion; especially considering the traffic situation.

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The five hours thing is just a standard time they give out. The policy is at least five hours before kick off. We have had 8 o'clock games before where the lots open at noon.

Just now, RBB89 said:

The five hours thing is just a standard time they give out. The policy is at least five hours before kick off. We have had 8 o'clock games before where the lots open at noon.

Good hopefully that will be the case this time too

Getting excited....hoping we can keep KW from putting up a ton of points. We have too much talent on D to get embarrassed at home.

Biggest concerns - the OL and DL. Can we get the running game going and protect Lagow? Can our DL make some plays and get some crucial stops?

This team is very talented at WR, LB, and in the secondary and we have an above average QB that can sling it and should be improved from last year.

Bringing in a new coaching regime always brings some extra baggage too, especially in the first game of the season.

I'm still starting a movement on Twitter to get lots open a lot earlier if it's true that they are truly opening at 3. Think about it. Logistics- some people get off work at 3=traffic add in thousands of Hoosier fans descending upon btown people won't get to their spot til 4 or 5. Also I feel like classes would just be letting out at 3. And that would suck as well

Gameday is going to be in the endzone??? I feel like that is a terrible spot.:..you're not gonna showcase the tailgate craziness that is Bloomington on gameday if you're inside the stadium. Going to be a dull gameday if this is the case. Either set up in the tailgate fields or in the parking lot IMO

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So basically only those with tickets to the game will have a chance to see it live unlike all other places...not complaining just thought it was a little odd. Just curious as to the set up and if they're allowing people behind them. I went to Gameday at AH back when I was at IU with Michigan State coming in and the best part of being there was doing chants/iu fight songs and the signs behind the setup....and I or nobody else thinks that the school controls the setup and I haven't seen any complaints just thought it would be a better atmosphere if they were able to do it at a different location. Still thrilled to death they're coming to BTown and for IU football at that. This is going to be the start of something special and a huge culture change for this program. I really feel after this year you'll see this program really take off and start being ranked on a regular basis at least over the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

As of now, the lots aren't opening until 3. That is so damn stupid that I cannot put it into words.

Ticket office says they will update if any changes occur.

It's a joke. Ik a bunch of young alumni that bought tickets and took off work and I have coworkers that took off to get there early. Enjoy first tailgate of the year, but nobody will make it to the lots because 3 o'clock is when traffic starts to get bad in btown especially during the week. Btown is one of my districts and its awful. Just think how bad 37 will be at 3:30-4. Nobody will be in that stadium come 5:30

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

If push comes to shove, just show up earlier and start the pregame festivities at Nick's or some other fine Btown establishment!

True but then it's still fighting traffic to get to the lots when you could open it at 12 let people trickle in all afternoon. It's just not logical at all to push the get in early but then you open gates only 2.5 hours before you want people to come in. I just for some reason can see the turnout for gameday being a catastrophe and also I see traffic being ten times worse than what it could be if you open it up earlier and let people trickle in