Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hoosier Hysteria Visitors - 10/21/17

I think we are all fired up for Hysteria this year! I am going to try to get there and I know my two kids will be there yelling full throttle. There's a new Sheriff (Archie) in town and reason for optimism...and just getting Garland and Romeo in the building together is Huge. Most importantly--it signals BBall season is just around the corner. Can't wait as I predict like others we will way outperform predictions and expectations this year. Go Hoosiers!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Does anyone know when HH will start this year?

Doors will open at 5:30 p.m., with the festivities set to begin at 7 p.m.  Admission is free, but fans are encouraged to bring a canned good for the Hoosier Hills Food Bank. The event will include introductions of the women's and men's teams, a dunk contest and a scrimmage.  

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/10/4/mens-basketball-start-time-announced-for-hoosier-hysteria-on-oct-21.aspx?path=mbball

Anyone who is going.... What time do you plan on showing up to get in line? I went in 2011 and we waited at least 2 hours before doors opened. Obviously if you want seats down low plan on spending your entire day there.

Anyone who is going.... What time do you plan on showing up to get in line? I went in 2011 and we waited at least 2 hours before doors opened. Obviously if you want seats down low plan on spending your entire day there.

I usually get there by 10 am at the latest. I normally have one of my kids and their friends, so they entertain each other. I try to be in the first 25 or so in line

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Forgot to post in here, that Damezi Anderson will be in attendance and I have heard Rob Phinisee will be as well. 

You should mention to Anderson that he should go out and meet the fans in line. If he could drag along some of the other commits/recruits it would be awesome. I've spent hours in line before. It would go a long way for the fans and might help with some recruits..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

Doors will open at 5:30 p.m., with the festivities set to begin at 7 p.m.  Admission is free, but fans are encouraged to bring a canned good for the Hoosier Hills Food Bank. The event will include introductions of the women's and men's teams, a dunk contest and a scrimmage.  

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/10/4/mens-basketball-start-time-announced-for-hoosier-hysteria-on-oct-21.aspx?path=mbball

Jeremy Gray was on Podcast on the Brink and said that the preliminary events won't last forever as in recent years(likely why there isn't a 'celebrity' host). He estimated the men's scrimmage should start by 7:45.

8 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Forgot to post in here, that Damezi Anderson will be in attendance and I have heard Rob Phinisee will be as well. 

One of y'all who is attending needs to report back on Phinisee's reaction to any Garland chants. Curious about that. Seems like a really good kid, but I doubt that he'll be joining in.

Kinda wondering the same about Phinisee. Damezi said he was gonna try getting ahold of the other 3 to get them to go. With him and Rob being tight I assume he will go and obviously cause he is committed but I hope the fans chant the commits names as well. Would be unexpected and nice change of pace. 

I don't think me and Damezi's relationship is on that level yet lol. I do plan on talking to him about the visit afterwards, but he isn't that talkative compared to the football recruits. Not a bad thing haha.

Lots of good talent but didn't see anyone confirmed from the 2020 class. Surprised by that, but I'm sure there are scheduling conflicts or something of that nature.

On 8/16/2017 at 4:42 PM, ccgeneral said:

Those who've been around know the routine. I'll log every name posted in the OP.

@thehussnetwork: Hoosier Hysteria will be October 21 #iubb

Commits
PG Robert Phinisee - McCutcheon, IN
SF Damezi Anderson - South Bend Riley, IN
SF Jerome Hunter - Pickerington, OH

PG Darius Garland - Brentwood Academy, TN
SG Romeo Langford - New Albany, IN

SF Keion Brooks Jr. - Fort Wayne North Side, IN
PF Trayce Jackson-Davis - Center Grove, IN
C Brandon Stone - Christ School, NC

A little update here. BTN2Go will have this.