Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

2017-18 Season Expectations

Don Fischer on the radio down here this morning thinks the national media and scouting magazines sleeping on IU predictions. Laughed audibly at the Lindy's 12th place B10 finish prediction and says we will be no worse than 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Wouldn't that be something...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The sleeper in Indiana's freshman class is Clifton Moore. 6-10 big man oozes potential. Will have to provide mileage in reserve. #iubb
Jon Rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've liked this kid from the day I found out about him. Not too many 6'10 guys can handle the ball like a guard...I think this kid will be a national commodity come his Junior year. Needs to beef up in the weight room but he has KD type skills and I'm using that term very lightly. Excited about his future development.

23 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Don Fischer on the radio down here this morning thinks the national media and scouting magazines sleeping on IU predictions. Laughed audibly at the Lindy's 12th place B10 finish prediction and says we will be no worse than 5th.

God, i love Fisch

For me I'd like it to end with a bid to the NCAA tournament.  Not sneak in above the bubble, but a solid bid.  I love CBB in March.  Love it because I love the Hoosiers.  When they are not in, March basketball is far less meaningful.  Indiana should rarely (if ever) miss the NCAA.  Happened too many times.

I think we win between 18- 22 games. The tough early schedule will really help. Alot depends on Davis but he has the potential to be a 16 pts and 11 boards type of guy. Foul trouble will be key.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I listened to Rob Dauster’s NBC College Basketball Podcast today which featured a Big Ten preview. None of the 3 guys were very high on us. One guy said he thought we’d win 5 or fewer conference games. What gives? Maybe I’m biased, but I feel like none of the media is giving us much of a chance.

14 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I listened to Rob Dauster’s NBC College Basketball Podcast today which featured a Big Ten preview. None of the 3 guys were very high on us. One guy said he thought we’d win 5 or fewer conference games. What gives? Maybe I’m biased, but I feel like none of the media is giving us much of a chance.

The media thought Crean was a great coach. So they are kinda clueless 

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The media thought Crean was a great coach. So they are kinda clueless 

I thought the media was being crazy with the 10th place picks but I'm not so sure they are that far off. Time will tell and can't wait to see Oct. 21. 

38 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't really blame "the media" for the ranking. They look at a team that was terrible last year and lost 3 starters to NBA early entry. On the surface it's easy to see those points and write a team off. The Hoosiers have a lot to prove this year.

I know you're not agreeing with the predictions Boogaloo, but I can't even see how these predictions can logically be made.

1. Last year we were tied for tenth in the conference with 7 wins (+1 B1G tourney win), and had 18 total wins.  But, to say we lost three starters to the NBA is a little deceptive because we didn't have OG, the best of those NBA-bound players, for a good portion of the season.  When OG went down, we were 13-8, 2-3 in conference; on our way to limping into the NCAA tourney. Even at our worst, with no OG or Hartman, we thereafter won six more conference games. 
  2. Our train wreck end of season version (post-OG, no Hartman, Morgan also missing multiple games, Crean's matador defense fully in place) went 6-8 in conference. Do they really think that losing Bryant, Blackmon, and Crean, and gaining Archie, a healthy Hartman, three potentially helpful freshman, and adding a year of experience in a watered down B1G equals a lesser performance than last year?

I cannot imagine that will be the case. I cannot imagine that, unless we are truly decimated by injuries, we will finish worse than about eighth/ninth in conference. And, I could see us just as easily hovering around ten or eleven conference wins.

I doubt it also but just know that the talent level is not high and things are going very slow in learning a new offense and defense. Very Slow

Others I have seen reported agree the defense is definitely a Work in progress but others have reported while watching practices they have heard that they drop off in offense will not be as bad as originally expected. It’s ahead of schedule

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Others I have seen reported agree the defense is definitely a Work in progress but others have reported while watching practices they have heard that they drop off in offense will not be as bad as originally expected. It’s ahead of schedule

I hope my eyes are deceiving me then. Davis will certainly have his chances to score. We all get to see on Oct. 21st for a little while