Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

(2018) PF Darius Days to LSU

Darius Days '18 (PF) - Florida Vipers         IU Offer      
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/21 9 4 6 1 3 0 0 9 0 2 1 1
4/22 17 8 16 1 5 0 0 10 0 2 3 2
4/22 15 5 15 1 7 4 4 9 1 2 2 2
4/23 16 6 17 2 4 2 2 8 0 3 3 0
4/28 20 8 18 4 9 0 1 6 2 4 4 0
4/29 17 7 11 1 3 2 2 7 1 0 3 0
4/29 13 5 12 1 5 2 2 7 0 2 2 0
4/30 8 3 8 0 0 2 2 4 0 1 0 3
5/12-14       NO TEAM  STATS            
5/27 22 9 23 2 8 2 3 9 1 1 1 3
5/27 24 9 20 6 9 0 0 6 0 2 1 0
5/28 23 9 13 5 6 0 0 7 2 2 1 0
5/28 30 13 20 2 5 2 3 10 1 2 2 1
7/12 19 8 16 3 8 0 0 8 3 0 2 0
7/13 24 7 13 2 4 8 10 15 1 0 0 2
7/13 16 6 14 4 8 0 0 9 3 2 1 1
7/14 20 9 23 0 4 2 4 11 3 1 1 1
7/15 24 8 17 2 8 6 6 18 0 4 0 0

Avg 18.6 47%   39%   82%   9 1 2 2 1
# Gms 17                      

As solid as Days looks, I'm a bit confused on this. It's a real offer and all, not saying that.

1) My understanding is this is a major uphill battle. Is devoting time and resources worth it given...

2) It's my opinion that IU should be selective with how they finish out this class due to how it impacts '19. I know the argument of bird in hand, but IU is prioritizing guys in '19 who are going to overlap with several kids already on the roster- and they are continuing to recruit for '18.  IU has a real shot with guys like Matthew Hurt, Keion Brooks, TJD. 

3) It's beginning to look like Archie's desire to fill this class may just be bc it's his first year. Start to get your players, and your type of players on the roster. Maybe that's smart. I tend to think class imbalance and, thus, impending attrition is bad practice in all situations.

As solid as Days looks, I'm a bit confused on this. It's a real offer and all, not saying that.
1) My understanding is this is a major uphill battle. Is devoting time and resources worth it given...
2) It's my opinion that IU should be selective with how they finish out this class due to how it impacts '19. I know the argument of bird in hand, but IU is prioritizing guys in '19 who are going to overlap with several kids already on the roster- and they are continuing to recruit for '18.  IU has a real shot with guys like Matthew Hurt, Keion Brooks, TJD. 
3) It's beginning to look like Archie's desire to fill this class may just be bc it's his first year. Start to get your players, and your type of players on the roster. Maybe that's smart. I tend to think class imbalance and, thus, impending attrition is bad practice in all situations.

YES YES YES. And then another YES.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I wonder if the plan is to use another redshirt meaning he wouldn't play until 2019. It will be interesting to see how CAM manages the roster 

On Days?

We really need to get this RS thing out of our heads. Race Thompson reclassed to do it when IU had an open ride and his academics were in order. This isn't going to be something that keeps happening. 

6 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

On Days?

We really need to get this RS thing out of our heads. Race Thompson reclassed to do it when IU had an open ride and his academics were in order. This isn't going to be something that keeps happening. 

I have no idea what CAM plan too do with red shirts. I wouldn't be surprised to see it again or not see it again 

3 hours ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I have no idea what CAM plan too do with red shirts. I wouldn't be surprised to see it again or not see it again 

I'll guess it will be very rarely used on a top 100ish player of Thompson's caliber (which is what @hoosierpap was getting at, I think).

People really think more top 100 kids are gonna flow in to redshirt? Lol not gonna happen. Race was a special case. This likely means Archie is planning on the possibility of someone going pro or just keeping his options available. Days is a day one contributor if you have watched his film.

Davis, Morgan, Moore, Race & Days would be a special frontcourt.

I also believe this means if possible he would like to keep Justin Smith & Jerome Hunter on the wings and not playing the 4.

Justin Smith is gonna be special if he gets a jump shot and to succeed to the NBA like he wants to, which isn't likely at the moment but very possible if he does. The guys Archie is getting and what we have is perfect with how he wants to play. Once we get our point guard in this class the rest will be interesting.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

People really think more top 100 kids are gonna flow in to redshirt? Lol not gonna happen. Race was a special case. This likely means Archie is planning on the possibility of someone going pro or just keeping his options available. Days is a day one contributor if you have watched his film.

Davis, Morgan, Moore, Race & Days would be a special frontcourt.

I also believe this means if possible he would like to keep Justin Smith & Jerome Hunter on the wings and not playing the 4.

Justin Smith is gonna be special if he gets a jump shot and to succeed to the NBA like he wants to, which isn't likely at the moment but very possible if he does. The guys Archie is getting and what we have is perfect with how he wants to play. Once we get our point guard in this class the rest will be interesting.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes Smith, Hunter, and Anderson will be on the wings moving forward. I'm thinking the day's of playing a wing as a 4 are over unless it is a matchup situation and a team has 4 perimeter players in the court.