Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Arizona vs IU series coming to a town near.....

I've heard of a junkyard dog.. just hadn't heard of a "dawg".

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

What's up dawg

Lol not as a basketball term

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

Lol not as a basketball term

Good grief. Can we drop this.

It's a competitive/athletic term that I used in slang form.

As long as we get more "Dawgs" in the future, all will be well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Why are you so sensitive with all of this? My god.. it really doesn't matter. Apparently I'm out if the loop and he was poking some fun at me. Eeesh.

I will attempt to summarize in the context of IUBB:
  • AJ Moye:  Dawg
  • Tom Crean: odd Duck
  • Tijan Jobe: Liger
  • Danny Moore: Miniature Pony
  • DJ White: work Horse
  • Calbert Cheaney: Stallion
  • Todd Leary: Jackal
  • DeAndre Thomas: Hippopotamus
  • Bracey Wright: Slug
  • Uwe Blab: Giraffe
  • Middle School Bob: Phoenix
  • Tim Priller: Sloth

Lol Bracey Wright.. Ugh.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol Bracey Wright.. Ugh.

I personally think that's unfair.  Nagging injuries had a significant impact on Bracey's career at IU.  Before he got hurt he was a baller.

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's not used everywhere in sports.

Sure it is used in sports. When Isiah was coaching the Pacers he made the comment "We have to many "pretty" players, we need some Dawgs.

He was talking about guys who compete until they have nothing left. Guys who battle for every possession. Who are relentless on defense. Who don't back away from a challenge. The Pacers got Ron Artest, who fit the description, but had issues. But that is the basic idea.

Another good description is your own signature here on the forum. "You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do....."

So you're saying you want to let the dogs out? Can we then answer with "WayneFleek" let the dogs out when asked who let the dogs out?

Sure it is used in sports. When Isiah was coaching the Pacers he made the comment "We have to many "pretty" players, we need some Dawgs.
He was talking about guys who compete until they have nothing left. Guys who battle for every possession. Who are relentless on defense. Who don't back away from a challenge. The Pacers got Ron Artest, who fit the description, but had issues. But that is the basic idea.
Another good description is your own signature here on the forum. "You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do....."

Never heard it

I personally think that's unfair.  Nagging injuries had a significant impact on Bracey's career at IU.  Before he got hurt he was a baller.

We guarded no one..

We guarded no one..

*He

Never heard it

I don't really want to turn this into a racial thing but I wonder if that is the disconnect. I grew up playing sports with and against many African American players. The term may be more prevalent in that environment. The Isaiah Thomas quote is exactly what I'm talking about.

Then again, maybe not.

Did you play sports?

I will attempt to summarize in the context of IUBB:
  • AJ Moye:  Dawg
  • Tom Crean: odd Duck
  • Tijan Jobe: Liger
  • Danny Moore: Miniature Pony
  • DJ White: work Horse
  • Calbert Cheaney: Stallion
  • Todd Leary: Jackal
  • DeAndre Thomas: Hippopotamus