Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Arizona vs IU series coming to a town near.....

11 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Bloomington, Tucson and New York in Market  Madison Square Arena Garden in a 3 year period.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/arizona-indiana-planning-multi-year-series/

Fixed it for you.  First one is free!  LOL

21 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I don't want to play UK or UofL. They don't deserve to be in the same building as us.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

That's a load of crap. If anything, IU doesn't deserve to be in the same building with those teams. But Archie will take IU back to the elite. Only a matter of time

33 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I don't want to play UK or UofL. They don't deserve to be in the same building as us.

Why not? Kids want to play against top competition so having marque non-conference games is something to sell to recruits. 

40 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

These are two teams we need to play annually. Especially if Arch wants to recruit inside out. Big time games = big time recruits.

Awesome news.

I'd also like to see us schedule teams from power conferences we wouldn't normally play, but are obvious RPI upgrades over Houston Baptist or Mississippi Valley State and probable wins for us.

Teams like Stanford, Oregon State, Ole Miss, Washington, Tennessee, etc.  Solid matchups that have more TV appeal than Austin Peay.

These are two teams we need to play annually. Especially if Arch wants to recruit inside out. Big time games = big time recruits.

We have the Crossroads Classic and the B1G/ACC Challenge for the foreseeable future. It would be cool to have three marquee series where we'd always have a home, away, and neutral game every season.

I love this series starting up. Good to prepare a team for B1G, the tourney, and good for recruiting.

That's a load of crap. If anything, IU doesn't deserve to be in the same building with those teams. But Archie will take IU back to the elite. Only a matter of time

He was saying that because Louisville breaks rules, and that Cal is a total slimeball. And he's right. But that would make it oh so much sweeter to beat them

Sent from my LG-H900 using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly. And I am sick of losing to UofL.

Louisville continually beat us because they had more Dawg, Size, and athleticism.

Crean's teams were soft and finesse. Nice guys that didnt grind (with a few exceptions). Terrible matchups for UL or Syracuse.

The matchup this past year was completely predictable.

We have to get tougher. I think we will, but our 2017 recruits seem to fit the Crean Mold. (Justin Smith is super athletic but not a Dawg).

I'm not sure about Race, Jerome, and Damezi but i think they fit that mold as well.

Have to change the culture. (Not of being good kids but being tougher).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Louisville continually beat us because they had more Dawg, Size, and athleticism.

Crean's teams were soft and finesse. Nice guys that didnt grind (with a few exceptions). Terrible matchups for UL or Syracuse.

The matchup this past year was completely predictable.

We have to get tougher. I think we will, but our 2017 recruits seem to fit the Crean Mold. (Justin Smith is super athletic but not a Dawg).

I'm not sure about Race, Jerome, and Damezi but i think they fit that mold as well.

Have to change the culture. (Not of being good kids but being tougher).

Lol a dawg.. this is great. Makes no sense, but great.

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

Lol a dawg.. this is great. Makes no sense, but great.

You must operate with a level of toughness in everything you do, you can't make any excuses, and you have to earn the right to be good-Archie Miller

Really? Some players are soft. Some players are tough. Crean has historically recruited a lot of soft players.
Makes perfect sense and to deny that it makes a huge difference between winning and losing is not too bright.

Perfect example of my dumb word, Dawg? Draymond Green. How many players have we had like him at IU in the past 10 years?

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Amazing to me how things just feel.....different, now.  In a good way.  Seems Indiana has a coach interested in being a true top-notch program.   I know this one's a brother thing; but Arizona is Arizona.  Not Bullsh!t State.   Good for everyone involved.

I've worked at the same place for two very different types of managers. The first one had a clear vision of what he wanted our workplace to be, was very organized and structured, and was a man of the people. We kept a lot of employees because it was a fun place to be. The other one was very sloppy, didn't communicate well with anyone, wasn't clear with what he expected of his employees, was always running behind and just had a knack for being awkward and messing things up. Staff turnover was crazy because he made his employees feel unimportant and unwanted.

Some people just have what it takes to be in charge. Just like some people have what it takes to run a basketball program while others should just be watching.

Really? Some players are soft. Some players are tough. Crean has historically recruited a lot of soft players.
Makes perfect sense and to deny that it makes a huge difference between winning and losing is not too bright.

Perfect example of my dumb word, Dawg? Draymond Green. How many players have we had like him at IU in the past 10 years?

He's a ******. But the word dawg?.. idk how that signifies tough lol.. a bruiser, etc. Anything...but dawg? Idk I'm 26, never heard that used before. If dawg means tough, then you should want Phinesee and Henry.

Sorry didn't realize I couldn't say dbag