Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Michael Devoe to Georgia Tech

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

2017 AAU stats.

Mike DeVoe '18 (PG) - Nike South Beach       HAS IU OFFER
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/21 6 1 3 1 2 1 5 2 7 3 1 0
4/22 21 6 13 6 6 1 3 4 4 1 0 1
4/22 20 7 15 5 6 1 1 5 2 3 2 1
4/23 12 3 5 6 6 0 1 7 8 4 3 0
4/28 15 5 9 4 6 1 2 4 6 1 1 0
4/29 17 6 12 3 8 2 6 9 7 3 0 0
4/29 16 7 16 2 2 0 3 7 3 3 1 0
4/30 23 8 15 6 6 1 2 3 1 1 0 1
5/12 17 5 10 4 5 3 6 6 2 5 1 0
5/13 4 0 4 4 5 0 2 2 5 1 0 1
5/13 17 6 12 2 2 3 7 3 4 1 0 1
5/14 13 5 7 0 0 3 4 1 3 3 1 2
5/27 13 4 9 3 4 2 2 6 4 3 2 0
5/27 9 3 11 0 0 0 4 4 3 1 1 1
5/28 31 10 17 8 10 3 6 3 3 3 1 0
5/28 19 5 8 6 6 3 3 7 10 4 1 0
  TEAM DID NOT  QUALIFY FOR  PEACH  JAM          

Avg 15.8 49%   81%   42%   5 5 3 1 1
# Gms 16                      

Pretty sure the 3pt stats on this are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

are those 3pt stats correct.....dang

It looks like 3's and FT's were mixed up. Otherwise, very odd to be shooting 81% from 3 and 42% free throws

I really like how Arch treats his schollies with the importance they deserve. Seems he keys on a few with offers then gives them a time frame to commit or advance others will be extended. Phinese didn't want to commit and his scholly won't be held. Now Romeo is another scenario 

I believe Mike White gets this kid if he really wants him, but I believe UF is in on a few other PG's that may steer him our way.

I expect this offer as nothing but another solid option and to also show Duke, Garland & Phinisee we don't wanna wait around. Garland probably doesn't care as he could decide next July and Archie would take him lol.

I like the offer though and this kid's game. Great shooter with a lot of athletic ability to like. If he could become a true point he could greatly surpass his ranking when its all said and done.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, HOOsier Thunder said:

Florida, Miami and Virginia have been after him for awhile.  Looks like the rankings and offers are starting to catch up.  Would be another excellent 4-year piece to build around if we miss on Garland and can get him.

Archie recruited him at Dayton it looks like

Yes, my bad.  It's Stu's fault for making me wear this funny hat.  The 3's and FT numbers should be swapped.  I'll correct and re-post.

You know, the acronym "LOL" is so overused, but that time you quite literally made me laugh out loud.

As a reward, you are officially back down to only one week with the funny hat!

FWIW; A very good quality video of DeVoe from an EYBL tournament game against Trendon Watford's team. DeVoe looks long and athletic; the kind of defensive build Archie would love. Not so much a point from the highlights IMO:

Honor role student - wants to be a business major. UF coach Mike White in the front row of that video watching intently. Seems like UF (which has a very good B-school too) would be a natural fit. 

Article attached with lots of quotes from his high school coach, stressing that court vision and passing are his strongest attributes:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-sp-hs-mike-devoe-feature-0224-story.html

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Honor role student - wants to be a business major. UF coach Mike White in the front row of that video watching intently. Seems like UF (which has a very good B-school too) would be a natural fit. 

Article attached with lots of quotes from his high school coach, stressing that court vision and passing are his strongest attributes:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-sp-hs-mike-devoe-feature-0224-story.html

Yeah UF also needs a point for that year kids gonna have PT available. 

But who know maybe the kid wants to get away from home. 

Yeah UF also needs a point for that year kids gonna have PT available. 
But who know maybe the kid wants to get away from home. 

If all else is perfect, I would have to question his decision making skills leaving Gainesville for Bloomington .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

If all else is perfect, I would have to question his decision making skills leaving Gainesville for Bloomington emoji23.png.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Very true, but it also looks like hes a backup option for Florida possibly a plan C.  With Dort wanting to make a decision fairly soon, and if we are out of the Garland sweepstakes like we are kind of thinking we could soon be able to make him a priority