Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Michael Devoe to Georgia Tech

Two of the better PG's in 2018. Espn Will Richardson and Mike Devoe. Both share advanced instincts for the game. Watched @LasVegasFab48
Paul biancardi

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Me thinks this staff has a good eye for talent. DeVoe and Akinjo both good finds. I like them both. Both are LONG shots being WEST and SOUTH.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

22 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twittertuesday-georgia-tech-targets-unc-strategy-fiba-stars

Corey Evans picked DeVoe as his most underrated pg in 2018 class.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Nice find, but FYI, that article was from just over a month ago. That doesn't affect what a good summer DeVoe has had, but it does affect the lack of mention of IU as one of the teams pushing the hardest for DeVoe. And, I get a feeling we're definitely pushing for him.

7 minutes ago, goonaha said:

So much for U Miami, UF, and UCF as his three favorites. If we can get him out the state of Florida away from UF and to Btown for an official visit?!?

• Endless Motor’s #38 player for 2018 has a top 8 of USC, Georgia Tech, Florida, UConn, Ohio State, Clemson, Wake Forest, and Indiana. Hit the jump to get exclusive comments on each program from one of the most skilled point guards in the country.

Nike South Beach point Guard Michael Devoe is one of the most complete floor generals in the country. His combination of size, skill, IQ and ability to make others better sets him apart in the 2018 class. His stellar summer culminated with a great showing at the Las Vegas Fab 48 where he cemented his status as one of the premiere guards in the country.

“I felt I played phenomenal in the month of July. We went 14-1 and I did a great job of leading my teammates!”

While we’ve been high on Devoe for quite some time now, he’s gone a bit under the radar in relation to some of the other prospects in the 2018 class, and that adds just a little more fuel to the fire.

“I play with a chip on my shoulder. I feel as if I have to prove someone wrong every game. I don’t worry about the rankings though, I just play to the best of my ability.”

On the recruiting front, Mike cut his list to 10 today and provided some insight on each of finalists below:

USC – love the coaching staff and they need a point guard for 2018

Georgia Tech – they have been recruiting me hard since my sophomore year and I built a strong relationship with them

Florida – same with them, they have been recruiting me hard and need a point guard as well, and I love their style of play

UConn – it’s a guard school and they put guards in the league, great coaching staff as well

Ohio State – they just put a guard in the league in D’Angelo Russell and we have similar qualities. Great new staff and they need a PG.

Clemson – need a PG and have a good coaching staff, great conference as well

Wake Forest – been having the relationship with them since sophomore year and they are in a great conference as well. Need a PG and have been on me super hard

Indiana – they are new but have showed high interest and want me to come in and play right away

With Devoe narrowing his focus to the aforementioned programs, 2 schools will have the initial opportunity to leave a big impression.

“I’m taking an official visit to Wake Forest on September 14th and another official to Florida on October 7th.”

Seems like we were just thrown in there at the end based on then the quick comments and content. I like this kid's game. I have from the beginning. Still don't seen us pulling this off.

Also wonder what the staff knows about Darius. Are we in a hold pattern with a chance or have we moved on based on intel. Would love to know how the staff is going to figure this PG drama out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't like our chances against a kid from Florida that Mike White actually REALLY wants, but if we can get him I will be estatic. Besides Garland & Carey I would take him over ANY of the pg's were after. Over Dort and over Duke.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app