Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2018) SF Aaron Henry to Michigan State

Why O why do I have a feeling we'll fill out the class with Phinisee, Langford, and Henry?

Idk. 6', 6'5"' then 3 guys 6'6" ish. Hard to think we don't take some size with 5 scholarships to play with. Unless that is Race at 6'8".

I'd love taking Langford, Henry but I'd take size over Phinisee at that point.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Why O why do I have a feeling we'll fill out the class with Phinisee, Langford, and Henry?

Given the uncertainty of a new coaching staff we started with, I probably wouldn't complain too much about that as an initial class.

Given the uncertainty of a new coaching staff we started with, I probably wouldn't complain too much about that as an initial class.

It would be incredible but we are here to be picky. Lol.

Langford plus anyone would be a success. Anderson and Hunter are very good players. Henry, clearly very good. And as much as I hate on Phinisee he would be a solid addition as well (just hoping for better out of the most important position on the team)

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And as much as I hate on Phinisee he would be a solid addition as well (just hoping for better out of the most important position on the team)

One thing I take solace in is the fact that Archie played the position. He knows the ins and outs of it, which no doubt he would use to mentor any PG we get.

Out of all the positions on the team I feel like Archie would be able to groom whatever PG we get into a really solid player.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Idk. 6', 6'5"' then 3 guys 6'6" ish. Hard to think we don't take some size with 5 scholarships to play with. Unless that is Race at 6'8".

I'd love taking Langford, Henry but I'd take size over Phinisee at that point.

I don't see big as a need necessarily next season. Barring any unforeseen losses, we should have DeRon, Juwan, Clifton, and Race all as bigs. I think 2019 will be the year we bring in size. 

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I don't see big as a need necessarily next season. Barring any unforeseen losses, we should have DeRon, Juwan, Clifton, and Race all as bigs. I think 2019 will be the year we bring in size. 

I disagree, DeRon is the only Center and Race and Juwan are only 6'7". Need moar big. 

12 hours ago, VO5 said:

One thing I take solace in is the fact that Archie played the position. He knows the ins and outs of it, which no doubt he would use to mentor any PG we get.

Out of all the positions on the team I feel like Archie would be able to groom whatever PG we get into a really solid player.

I agree with this.  In addition I'd think it also mean CAM should be pretty good at identifying PG potential and capabilities during the scouting and recruiting process.

11 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I disagree, DeRon is the only Center and Race and Juwan are only 6'7". Need moar big. 

It would be nice to bring in another big but I have heard there is a real 'lack' of bigs for 2018 and apparently most of the good ones reside on the west coast. Therefore, if you want CAM to bring in a big you may have to go the developmental route in getting a lesser heralded player or go the transfer/JUCO route. I don't know if CAM did much of that at Dayton. 2019 though seems to have quite a bit more bigs to choose from. 

Damn must be hard to please you. A top 5 recruit, a top 50 recruit, 2 top 100 & another right on the verge on being top 100. That is a awesome class for most schools. UK is the only school who doesn't take kids rated lower than 80-150. Even Duke usually has 1 kid like that.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Were not in his top 5 anymore but I sure hope he goes to some place other than a big ten school. 

Extremely disappointed..but I have a feeling he is going to either be in the BIG or at Butler.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I could see MSU getting him and him doing really well under Izzo. But I'm rooting for Xavier or UCONN to persuade him to go there

Yup. Another Draymond Green scenario. Not saying he'll be as good as him, but Henry will be a great college player.

55 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Were not in his top 5 anymore but I sure hope he goes to some place other than a big ten school. 

We've got 2 4 stars coming in next year and a freshman 4 star this year at his position. Can't really blame him for wanting to go somewhere he sees more opportunities.