Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2018) SF Aaron Henry to Michigan State

Apparently Henry has backed off from committing to a school until around October or November now. I think he's just overwhelmed with the two others that committed today and that his projected timing is subject to change.

1 minute ago, Jketch said:

Apparently Henry has backed off from committing to a school until around October or November now. I think he's just overwhelmed with the two others that committed today and that his projected timing is subject to change.

Is that what was in the peegs article?

Just now, BTOWN said:

Henry said he was "extremely close to committing this morning." Has "no hard feelings" that we took other commits. Said his time table has shifted back to October/November now. 

Huh. Well that sounds like he's thinking about playing time. If he waits, I doubt we end up with him.

Seems like a reasonable approach from his end. I was hoping to get him because he seemed fired up about being a Hoosier, but with two quality wings already committed I think the scholarship would be better used elsewhere. 

Yeah and the ones that committed seemed to be fired up about becoming Hoosiers too!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, BTOWN said:

Henry said he was "extremely close to committing this morning." Has "no hard feelings" that we took other commits. Said his time table has shifted back to October/November now. 

Seems the program said we're taking the first two wings after Race's commit, and Henry may have been left out. By his own admission he had the opportunity. A point and Romeo is what probably rounds out this class. He would be an excellent next pick if Romeo takes the bluegrass $.

IMO, you guys need to stop getting caught up in "what position will he play?"

Better questions would be:

• What range of size, quickness, strength and length players can he guard?
  • What roles/skills can he provide on offense?
  1. It seems to me that Aaron Henry could guard multiple size, strength, and quickness players, though he might have some trouble guarding length. When you're coaching a team's defense, you're looking at who the opponent's got on the court and wanting to insert guys that will matchup well against them. You're not thinking "who will guard their two, three, four", etc. Henry's versatility makes him a valuable addition on the defensive end of the court.
  2. On offense, he would probably be more of a work in progress; would not have the ball in his hands much, wouldn't be a post presence, not likely to be a reliable catch and shoot wing.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

IMO, you guys need to stop getting caught up in "what position will he play?"

Better questions would be:

• What range of size, quickness, strength and length players can he guard?
  • What roles/skills can he provide on offense?
  1. It seems to me that Aaron Henry could guard multiple size, strength, and quickness players, though he might have some trouble guarding length. When you're coaching a team's defense, you're looking at who the opponent's got on the court and wanting to insert guys that will matchup well against them. You're not thinking "who will guard their two, three, four", etc. Henry's versatility makes him a valuable addition on the defensive end of the court.
  2. On offense, he would probably be more of a work in progress; would not have the ball in his hands much, wouldn't be a post presence, not likely to be a reliable catch and shoot wing.

Henry is an intangibles guy. He won't wow you during the game, but at the end you'll look at the box score and say, "He was all over the place!" The most important aspect seems to be the leadership he provides on the court. I would love to have him, but not sure where he stands with us now.