Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2018) SF Aaron Henry to Michigan State

If we want Henry too then that tells me that Archie is pretty confident in Cujo/Green/A1 as our guards for the next several years. Personally I'd rather use two more scholarships on guards and leave one scholarship open, but we'll see what happens. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If we want Henry too then that tells me that Archie is pretty confident in Cujo/Green/A1 as our guards for the next several years. Personally I'd rather use two more scholarships on guards and leave one scholarship open, but we'll see what happens. 

I said the same thing this morning!

I think that Archie is trying to collect as much versatile talent as possible. I see Anderson as a shooter at 2 or 3 spot. Henry can play and defend 2-4 and could possibly play some point forward at times. Hunter is an athletic 3 that is similar to Troy Williams but has a better jumper and is also smarter decision maker. I think Archie could take Henry and then wait to see what Romeo does before adding a fifth commit. I could also see him taking up to six commits. If he thinks that they will lose Newkirk, McSwain, Priller, Hartman, Johnson, and someone else. Maybe someone is looking like a pro in workouts that we won't know about until the season starts.

The offer can stand and Henry can still think he might be better off going somewhere else, like butler, where he could get more immediate playing time. We'll see how this plays out though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The offer is still there and if he wants it he should take it. If things close down, his fault for not jumping. I have no problem offering Henry. Back up plans are there in case you don't get your primary target. If I'm correct, Thompson and Anderson were our primary targets!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

I don't feel bad for him honestly. He was offered and could've committed before them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For some reason I still think he pulls the trigger tonight or tomorrow. If his dream is to play at IU and Archie told him the offer still stands he knows he needs to move quickly

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

For some reason I still think he pulls the trigger tonight or tomorrow. If his dream is to play at IU and Archie told him the offer still stands he knows he needs to move quickly

I'm hoping this is the case. A haul of Henry, Hunter, Anderson, Phinisee, and Romeo? Hello #1 class in the country. I'm salivating at the thought. The best part is that it's totally possible!

I don't feel bad for him honestly. He was offered and could've committed before them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly. Offer or not he has had time to decide if IU is where he wanted to be if an offer was extended. Once it was he should have known to jump on it. I like Henry a lot but I am more focused on a true point and Langford. If Henry bought in to small ball 4 then sign me up x100, but with Smith, Anderson & Hunter on the wings we need guards. Green looked great in a limited role but who knows what happens with more minutes. CuJo has potential but who knows if he lives up to it.

Archie is doing awesome but I think the best thing out of all this is that he can literally shift all his time to Langford, Garland, Dort, Duke & Phinisee. Henry, Hinton & Carey are probably the only other guys were probably gonna even talk to from this point on. Wouldn't complain if Moses Brown made us pay more attention to him either.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm hoping this is the case. A haul of Henry, Hunter, Anderson, Phinisee, and Romeo? Hello #1 class in the country. I'm salivating at the thought. The best part is that it's totally possible!

That wouldn't end as the #1 class though. It would be a top 5ish class when all is said and done. The most important part is acting on the inside-out recruiting approach and laying a great foundation for the Archie era.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

That wouldn't end as the #1 class though. It would be a top 5ish class when all is said and done. The most important part is acting on the inside-out recruiting approach and laying a great foundation for the Archie era.

You're probably right. I would expect it to end #3, behind Duke and UK.

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Another best part is that it'd be a top class with 4 of the players being 3-4 year players instead of a #1 class full of one year rentals. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Another best part is that it'd be a #1 class with 4 of the players being 3-4 year players instead of a #1 class full of one year rentals. 

And for all the "inside-out" die-hards, that'd be 4 out of 5 recruits from Indiana.