Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I like his swagger. Have we officially offered? 

Appraently we have indeed offered. This from endlessmotor.net

RISING 2018 GUARD NATE HINTON DISCUSSES BREAKOUT JULY AS HIGH MAJOR OFFERS PILE UP

2018 guard Nate Hinton was one of the top performers of the Adidas Gauntlet Finale in South Carolina over the weekend. Hit the jump for analysis on the talented guard’s game and which new programs have entered his recruitment.

Nate had a dominant weekend in Spartanburg, averaging 17 points, 5.2 assists and 6.8 rebounds per game while shooting 55% from the field and 56% beyond the arch in aiding Team Loaded NC to the Gauntlet Finale championship game.

“I felt real comfortable. I put in a lot of work with my trainer and it was just a matter of me going out and performing and showing the coaches what I’ve been working on and help lead my teammates to victories. Me and my teammates clicked and it made it easier to play once we all knew what we wanted to.”

Hinton is a highly skilled guard with excellent vision and a nice handle that can create his own shot off the dribble and score at all 3 levels while setting teammates up for easy buckets. While a good portion of analysts and scouts view Nate as a wing at the next level, we think Hinton is more of an on-ball playmaker with potential to be a jumbo point guard in college.

“Last year I kind of just played a versatile role and whatever the team needed me to play. I’ve always trained as a point guard, but due to my size and what I could do on the offensive and defensive ends I just had to take a back seat. I’ve always worked on my overall game but my point guard skills are getting more and more comfortable. I’m understanding the position and getting more comfortable. My shot is getting more consistent and handle is getting tighter.”

The Gaston Day School (NC) junior has seen his stock skyrocket over the past week. The 6’6 guard has transformed from a versatile utility player with tons of potential to a highly productive prospect that is a hot commodity to high major programs across the country.

Indiana, Wichita State, UMass, Virginia Tech, VCU, Penn State, Pittsburgh and Arkansas have all extended offers within the past 48 hours alone.

“Oklahoma State, Clemson, and Michigan are the latest schools that have expressed interest but haven’t yet offered.”

In addition to the aforementioned programs, Hinton holds existing offers from Tulsa, Houston, Tulane, Middle Tennessee, Charleston, Georgia Southern, Charlotte, Old Dominion, Appalachian State, Creighton, Winthrop, Wofford, South Florida, Rhode Island, Temple, East Carolina and Cincinnati.

With the offers literally pouring in by the day at this point, Nate has no leaders in his recruitment and is taking his time with his recruitment but does have one official visit set up.

“Right now my only official visit that I have set up is University of Houston from August 7th –  August 8th.”

While Hinton is enjoying the payoff from the work he’s put on his game over the last year, he wants to utilize the remainder of the Summer hitting the weight room and further refining his already potent game.

“The rest of the Summer I just want to continue to play consistently at a high level. Hopefully get invited to a camp or something. After July, I plan to get stronger and start focusing more on getting ready for the next level.”

Nate is one of the best available guards on the market for 2018. He has a college ready frame right now with the skillset of a point guard, the size of a small forward and the versatility to guard 3 different positions on the court . While not currently ranked in the EM 150, he will certainly enter the mix in our post-July rankings update.

Evan Daniels says that Hinton and consensus #4 overall Charles Bassey were the two best players in the Adidas Gauntlet. That's pretty serious high praise:

Bassey is a consensus 5 star all around on every site so take that along with that praise. Hinton has been all over my timeline on twitter. Don't know much about him but like you said being mentioned w Bassey may mean a lot more schools will be involved and soon.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not your Typical 3 star. Kind of like Clifton Moore. This kid just needed a platform.

*see, I'm not all about rankings(although I bet he gets a lofty bump).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah especially if he plays like this again this month. 

Probably a 4 star for sure as it is

From Evan Daniels:  2018 recruit Nate Hinton has a breakthrough week.

Not many players took the first July evaluation period by storm like 6-foot-4 combination guard Nate Hinton did at the adidas Gauntlet Finale.

Prior to the live period, Hinton, who ran with Team Loaded NC, had scholarship offers from CincinnatiHoustonSouth FloridaTemple and East Carolina.

By Tuesday, Hinton had accumulated 15 more scholarship offers. Hinton’s offer list now includes Indiana, Wichita State, UMass, Virginia TechVirginia CommonwealthPenn StatePittsburghArkansasAuburnMarylandSaint LouisMiami (Fl)ClemsonOklahoma State and Florida State.

“Absolutely crazy,” Hinton told Scout when asked about the last few days. “It’s unreal, but not unexpected. I’ve been working for this and it’s paying off.”

It’s evident Hinton has been working. This past week, Hinton showcased a versatile, but athletic game, while playing all three perimeter positions. He played with energy, competed on defense, attacked the basket and made an occasional jump shot.

“I just keep getting better, keep getting in the gym and just trying to play the best that I can play and show the coaches what I can do for them,” Hinton said.

So what’s been the adjustment for Hinton, who averaged 17 points a game during the Adidas Gauntlet Finale?

“I changed my mindset to being a pro,” he said. “Trying to do the little things and see the bigger picture, keep getting in the gym and working, working, working. This whole time since May I’ve been in the gym, just trying to keep getting better. It’s been a persistent change.”

“When I was playing last summer, I was playing the two through four, because I’m versatile, and then for my high school team I started playing point guard and so now I’m playing point guard for Team Loaded as well. Ultimately, I think I’ll be a pro at point guard so I think that’s what I’m going to do.”

Hinton told Scout that his biggest strengths on the court are his defensive ability, leadership skills and his ability to make pull-up jump shots.

Prior the evaluation periods, Hinton set up an official visit to Houston for the second week of August.

Next up for Hinton and Team Loaded is The Super 6 in Atlanta, plus Team Loaded's event in Richmond.