Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

On 2/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rueadale Williams name surfaced in early January and TheDailyHoosier brought his name up again today.  No idea how genuine our interest may be.

While most transfers generally don’t surface until after the season ends, the junior college route is a bit more open right now.  One JUCO name that Indiana has been mentioned to be connected with is Rudi Williams out of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.  Williams averages 20 points and 9.5 assists per game.

I’ve been trying to find a live stream or some extended footage of this kid since you mentioned him last month. Nothing. Just the 1 YouTube clip that’s already posted. Fascinating. A bear can be eating some dude in the middle of nowhere and a random hiker ends up filming it, but I can’t find game footage of a college basketball player. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

I’ve been trying to find a live stream or some extended footage of this kid since you mentioned him last month. Nothing. Just the 1 YouTube clip that’s already posted. Fascinating. A bear can be eating some dude in the middle of nowhere and a random hiker ends up filming it, but I can’t find game footage of a college basketball player. 

Just have to know where to look.   lol       He goes by Rudi rather than by his true given name.

39 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Just have to know where to look.   lol       He goes by Rudi rather than by his true given name.

Yeah, that’s the only 1 I’d  seen, and it’s better than most. Shows a variety of skills. But wouldn’t you think these days even a junior college would stream it’s games? Kills me because I would really like to see this kid play a game. He looks a little better to me than his offer list.

Jake Weingarten  -  San Francisco graduate transfer Charles Minlend Jr. has heard from Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, BYU, VCU, Witchita State, WSU, ASU, Arizona, Oregon State, UCLA, Iowa State, Butler, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, UConn, Miss. State, amongst others.

He's had a solid career at San Fran.   https://usfdons.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/charles-minlend/4187

6'4" guard originally from Fort Union Military Academy in Concord, NC.  His father was a professional basketball player overseas.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Minlend

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten  -  San Francisco graduate transfer Charles Minlend Jr. has heard from Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, BYU, VCU, Witchita State, WSU, ASU, Arizona, Oregon State, UCLA, Iowa State, Butler, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, UConn, Miss. State, amongst others.

He's had a solid career at San Fran.   https://usfdons.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/charles-minlend/4187

6'4" guard originally from Fort Union Military Academy in Concord, NC.  His father was a professional basketball player overseas.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Minlend

Caught a couple of USF games last year. Had a really good game against Gonzaga, they couldn’t keep him out of the lane, and a “couldn’t throw it in the ocean” game against St Mary’s. No idea which of those is closer to the genuine article.

34 minutes ago, Demo said:

Caught a couple of USF games last year. Had a really good game against Gonzaga, they couldn’t keep him out of the lane, and a “couldn’t throw it in the ocean” game against St Mary’s. No idea which of those is closer to the genuine article.

I think he could be a good pickup somewhere: strong track record and USF is a good program for its level.

However.

Career 31.8% on 443 threes. He did shoot well, 37%, as a freshman on 138 attempts...

This staff’s continued prioritization of middling shooters and a shallow track record of developing them confuses me. 

On 2/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, Demo said:

A bear can be eating some dude in the middle of nowhere and a random hiker ends up filming it, but I can’t find game footage of a college basketball player. 

Thank you, sir. I'm a little late to the party, but that is truly funny.

Don't recall we typically start a thread for a walk-on so I'll put this here.  New preferred walk-on for next season, Sebastien Scott from California.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-class-of-2020-guard-sebastien-scott-to-be-preferred-walk-on-for-hoosiers/

Don't recall we typically start a thread for a walk-on so I'll put this here.  New preferred walk-on for next season, Sebastien Scott from California.
https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-class-of-2020-guard-sebastien-scott-to-be-preferred-walk-on-for-hoosiers/

There has to be a connection here someplace. How do you end up with a preferred walk-on from California? Anyone know the connection?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

There has to be a connection here someplace. How do you end up with a preferred walk-on from California? Anyone know the connection?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ask Joe Hillman lol. Wasn’t he on a baseball scholly and somehow the General found him? He played some important minutes in our 87 championship run.