Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m tallying numbers. We have 2 or 3 spots left now?

Then DD and DG are the 2 seniors.

So are we at 4 or 5 currently?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I believe we have 2 spots open right now and I don’t see us adding anyone else. 2 leaving + 2 seniors (maybe a transfer) gives us 4-5

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

With Leal and Galloway officially getting offers and both having decently high odds of accepting.

It’s been my belief for a while, based on our 2020 targets, that 2020 will be statistically underwhelming on paper.

Is this the formula that works for Indiana? Getting moderately rated kids that will work hard and maybe be willing to wait their turn. Produce as upperclassmen.

Also. Assuming we get Leal and Galloway. Phin and Franklin remain. Limited space for 2021 with Luke Brown (if he blossoms-I think he will) and Lander.

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’d say Lander has a guaranteed spot regardless of what else happens.  

Very pleased IU offered Leal and Galloway. Need to get both. I think they both have solid senior years and their stock will rise. Personally, I'll take a fringe top 100 4 star from Indiana over a 4 star ranked 70ish from another state. Both these guys will play into their role. Sounds like Leal is a done deal. Galloway may take some time. Very good chance one of them wins Mr. Basketball in 2020. That makes Romeo ('18) and TJD ('19-well he should be). Fun fact-Mr. Basketball has been around since 1939. IU has had the most Mr. Basketball's. They have never had three in a row. Say what you want about Archie but he is killing in-state recruiting. Needs to translate to the court now....

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Is this the formula that works for Indiana? Getting moderately rated kids that will work hard and maybe be willing to wait their turn. Produce as upperclassmen.

This is exactly what we need. We saw how much difference a Romeo makes. You need that core and a group that is going to work hard. It's why I've been such a big fan of Beilein. 

12 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@KyleNeddenriep: Indiana was in to see Monrovia 6-7 guard Josh Smith (2020) today. Temple was in yesterday and Boston University last week.

Stats

GP - 26
P/G - 16.9
Ast/G - 2.4
Reb/G - 8.5
Stl/G - 1.0
Blk/G - 1.2

I know this family I will attempt to get inside info knowing what I know about the school I don’t think big ten caliber off top of my head. 

8 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

How many offers do we have out for 2020? Sure seems like alot.

Good question. I don't think it's that many yet; feel free to add to the list y'all:

1. Trey Galloway
  2. Anthony Leal
  3. Matt Cross
  4. Dawson Garcia
  5. Ethan Morton
  6. Caleb Love

Considering we currently have four spots open that is a very low number. Any more come to mind?

Good question. I don't think it's that many yet; feel free to add to the list y'all:
  1. Trey Galloway
  2. Anthony Leal
  3. Matt Cross
  4. Dawson Garcia
  5. Ethan Morton
  6. Caleb Love
Considering we currently have four spots open that is a very low number. Any more come to mind?

Loveday?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

@KyleNeddenriep: Indiana was in to see Monrovia 6-7 guard Josh Smith (2020) today. Temple was in yesterday and Boston University last week.

Stats

GP - 26
P/G - 16.9
Ast/G - 2.4
Reb/G - 8.5
Stl/G - 1.0
Blk/G - 1.2

Eventually IU will have a Josh Smith on the basketball team. I admire the determination.