Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm with you.  I'm just not that impressed with what I've seen of him on their game streams.  Far from a dominating player and doesn't really do anything that makes him stand out on the court.  I don't understand the hype.

I get that coaches like his traits, particularly defensively. He turned over Mario McKinney a couple of times when they played Vashon and that kid is a Russell Westbrook athlete. I also get that he’s a good kid and a good student. I just don’t see a lot of leadership or competitiveness.

I think positionless basketball has different meanings. I see a lot of teams run “positionless” lineups with a true point and true 5 with 3 wings. Golden State is one that’s had Bogut, Cousins, and a few others at the 5 and Curry at the point.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This is the young fella that blocks an inordinate amount of shots.

Yes he does and his ability to block shots changed the game versus Heritage Hills, IMO.  This was the first time seeing him in person but he moved pretty well for 6'10" or whatever they list him as.  

This is the young fella that blocks an inordinate amount of shots; 7.3 bpg last year and 7.5 bpg this year.
He's up to 6'10/11" too.
Seems like a really nice kid:

http://44news.wevv.com/bosses-powell-opens-epilepsy-battle/

I like this. IU could use a legitimate shot blocker going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie should look into 2020 SG Adam Miller from Illinois. He’s currently an Illinois lean but Miller recruited Josh Cunninghan from the same high school - Morgan Park - a few years ago. Rated top 25 in the class by ESPN, and one of the few located in the Midwest

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 3/31/2019 at 3:14 PM, ap2345 said:

Indiana Elite 2020 Roster

TRE COLEMAN 2020

NEKHI SMITH 2020

ANTHONY LEAL 2020

KHRISTIAN LANDER 2021

12 BREVIN JEFFERSON 2020

31 MALEK EDMONDS 2020

32 TREY GALLOWAY 2020

42 NICK HITTLE 2020

50 MABOR MAJAK 2020

Really like the idea of Lander playing up a year. Looking forward to seeing how this team does

8 hours ago, Kepner said:

Really like the idea of Lander playing up a year. Looking forward to seeing how this team does

I do too.  Really can show you just how good a kid may be but also shows you he's not afraid to compete at a higher level.

Wish that IU had a few more scholarships available for 2020 to play with. I think Leal and Galloway would be two guys that actually want to wear the candy stripes and would be kids who would work hard and hustle. Right now I’d be surprised if the staff brings even one of them on

Don't be surprised if we get one and if things work out right, we get both. 

I guess it’ll be interesting to see if this recruiting strategy works out over the next 3 years or so.

Archie won with mid level talent at Dayton. Maybe unlike his brother he can make that work at Indiana.

PS- I realize these guys are high mid-levels.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Don't be surprised if we get one and if things work out right, we get both. 

I think they both would be easily attainable for the staff. Sounds like both would commit if given the opportunity. I’m just curious if there will be enough scholarships for both. For some reason both just remind of a classic type Indiana player and both seem to really want to be there.