Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

53 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Ask Joe Hillman lol. Wasn’t he on a baseball scholly and somehow the General found him? He played some important minutes in our 87 championship run.

Hillman did play baseball, but he definitely was a basketball recruit. I think he averaged over 40 points a game as a high school senior. 

Joe Hillman was highly recruited. He was the top scorer in California his senior year of high school. Knight recruited him because he wasn't getting a sufficient number of good enough players at that time out of Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio where he usually recruited. That's also why he started bringing in Junior College transfers like Keith Smart and Dean Garrett.

Jake Weingarten - San Francisco graduate transfer Charles Minlend Jr. is down to seven schools, he told @Stockrisers: Arizona, Butler, BYU, Arkansas, Indiana, Gonzaga and Mississippi State. No timetable on his decision yet.

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jake Weingarten - San Francisco graduate transfer Charles Minlend Jr. is down to seven schools, he told @Stockrisers: Arizona, Butler, BYU, Arkansas, Indiana, Gonzaga and Mississippi State. No timetable on his decision yet.

Minlend plays angry.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

May play angry but looking at his shooting %, it must be angry as well.   Who's scholly does he take?  No announced transfers to date.  I'm struggling with why this kid of all the grad transfers that have been out there are we chasing him?

Because Archie knows something that we don’t know.

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No announced transfers to date. 

I am beyond shocked that thus far no one has entered the portal. I think it's a good sign and probably indicates a healthier program on the inside than many of us think. Also seems to indicate that CAM likes his guys.

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I am beyond shocked that thus far no one has entered the portal. I think it's a good sign and probably indicates a healthier program on the inside than many of us think. Also seems to indicate that CAM likes his guys.

So true. Means that we are without a doubt we are not having Wichita St, or even Ohio St style problems.

However, with us actively recruiting for next year, the staff must know that one is going.

Watched Mineland against Gonzaga and they could not stop him from getting to the rim. He was a linebacker playing basketball. He would be fine with regard to the physicality of the BIG.

His shooting stats though..... nah. We already have plenty of that. Unless Justin Smith leaves, not sure I see the purpose of bringing this guy in. 

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Watched Mineland against Gonzaga and they could not stop him from getting to the rim. He was a linebacker playing basketball. He would be fine with regard to the physicality of the BIG.

His shooting stats though..... nah. We already have plenty of that. Unless Justin Smith leaves, not sure I see the purpose of bringing this guy in. 

I saw the Gonzaga game too, and you’re right, he flat bullied them. He’d get his guy on his hip and it was over. Also saw him against St Mary’s and they really clogged the lane. They were giving him clean looks and he made nothin’ at all.

May play angry but looking at his shooting %, it must be angry as well.   Who's scholly does he take?  No announced transfers to date.  I'm struggling with why this kid of all the grad transfers that have been out there are we chasing him?

Yes they are chasing him or he wouldn’t have included IU in the final 7. This isn’t some high school kid that is looking for publicity. This guy has plenty of options.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Taylor Lehman - TheHoosier on Charles Minlend.

A 6-foot-4 shooting guard, he is considered one of the best grad transfers on the market at the moment and will be immediately eligible for 2020-21.  He shot 41.6 percent from the field last season, as well as 30.3 percent from three. He averaged 14.4 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists. He's consistently hovered around 41.7 field goal percentage during his three years at San Francisco but has been fairly erratic from three, beginning his career at 37 percent, dipping to 28.8 percent in 2018, and hopping up to 30.3. He is San Francisco's 18th all-time leading scorer.

Nice background story on our latest preferred walk-on Sebastien Scott from Cameron Drummond at Inside The Hall.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/04/10/hes-a-kid-that-will-earn-every-stripe-how-sebastien-scott-the-scorer-and-scholar-found-his-way-to-indiana/