Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

On 1/8/2020 at 8:03 AM, Brass Cannon said:

We better be reaching out to Towns and Smith. 

Miller and Ostrum recruited Towns out of high school. His problem is his last two seasons have been cut short by injury

One stop shopping

As of January 2020      

2020 247 RIVALS ESPN Top 100
Geronimo 91 83 n.a.
Leal 115 121 n.a.
Galloway 116 139 n.a.

2021 247 RIVALS ESPN Top 60
Christie, Max  10 16 16
Duncomb, Logan 99 139 n.a.
Furst, Caleb 37 31 36
Kauffman, Trey 28 86 n.a.
Kepnang, Franck 24 23 22
Lander, Khristian 11 12 12
Mohammed, Aminu 14 13 13
Patterson, Trey 41 25 40
Wesley, Blake  86 89 n.a
Whitt, Carter 58 52 n.a.

Blackmon 141 131 n.a.
Goode 90 91 n.a.

2022 247 RIVALS ESPN Top 25
Washington, Jalen 7 20 15

Phillips, Shawn 43 25 n.a.

27 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Rivals should probably actually see him play live a couple times and maybe their ranking would change. I don’t think they watched him last summer

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

See my great fear in these rankings is that for awhile only rivals and 247 were really trying. And it really feels to me like Rivals is phoning it in more and more and not watching the kids as much. 

Dumb but serious question. I don't follow recruiting hardly at all. I just read a nice article on Brayton Bailey. Kid is uncommitted anywhere. Is he any good? Said he was going to climb to number 2 on the scoring list in his next game, but won't catch dad. Just curious why no one has recruited him?

8 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Dumb but serious question. I don't follow recruiting hardly at all. I just read a nice article on Brayton Bailey. Kid is uncommitted anywhere. Is he any good? Said he was going to climb to number 2 on the scoring list in his next game, but won't catch dad. Just curious why no one has recruited him?

From a couple places I’ve read from he just doesn’t do anything special. Solid player but nothing stands out.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:50 AM, Demo said:

Someone on HSN wrote that Mike Roberts went down to Vincennes the other night. I assume to watch Craig Porter, VU ‘20 PG. Sort of wondered why they hadn’t already done it, a highly regarded PG at a top JC program who played in HS at Terre Haute South. Given the roster construction, clearly worth a look. Looks like Roberts caught him on a good night. 14pts/11 assts/6 blks/1 to vs John A Logan, which has Jay Scrubb, , a Louisville commit. Might have legs.

Fwiw

Unless Porter has grown up a LOT since his days at South........

Yikes. 

Rueadale Williams name surfaced in early January and TheDailyHoosier brought his name up again today.  No idea how genuine our interest may be.

While most transfers generally don’t surface until after the season ends, the junior college route is a bit more open right now.  One JUCO name that Indiana has been mentioned to be connected with is Rudi Williams out of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.  Williams averages 20 points and 9.5 assists per game.

23 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rueadale Williams name surfaced in early January and TheDailyHoosier brought his name up again today.  No idea how genuine our interest may be.

While most transfers generally don’t surface until after the season ends, the junior college route is a bit more open right now.  One JUCO name that Indiana has been mentioned to be connected with is Rudi Williams out of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.  Williams averages 20 points and 9.5 assists per game.

247 listed him at 6'3" 180lbs with lower tier Power 5/high mid major offers at this point.

https://247sports.com/player/rueadale-williams-46094014/