Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

We can now be EXTREMELY choosy.

For me, that means Love, Garcia, or Whitt, or in lieu of one of them, a post-season big  transfer that would sit one year to play two or three. That allows us to stay old, and to get a player in the program who will be completely immersed by the time he takes the court. It also gives us a year with likely bigs as a senior Justin Smith, a junior Race Thompson, a sophomore TJD, and a senior Brunk. That is more than enough size. 

I think y'all are largely sleeping on Race Thompson's ability to contribute.

I guess includes me. I think he can contribute, but I am skeptical if he is center material. Covering a few mins here or there? Sure, but I don't like the idea of him playing rotational mins as THE post. 

The rest of the B1G seems to have multiple big men while IU has had to rely on 6'7" or smaller guys at center WAY too often the last several years. I would like to always have 2 legit PG's and 2 legit Centers on the roster. Don't care about the "position" of the rest as long as some of them can shoot! 

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seems to have some Devonte Green style recklessness with ball security. Some of those passes and ball handling moves will look silly vs a BIG defender. Could be why Archie has waited a bit longer to offer.

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I guess includes me. I think he can contribute, but I am skeptical if he is center material. Covering a few mins here or there? Sure, but I don't like the idea of him playing rotational mins as THE post. 

The rest of the B1G seems to have multiple big men while IU has had to rely on 6'7" or smaller guys at center WAY too often the last several years. I would like to always have 2 legit PG's and 2 legit Centers on the roster. Don't care about the "position" of the rest as long as some of them can shoot! 

Agree

We need some 6”10 to 7 foot guys. Getting tired of 6”7 and 6”8 guys in the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The only undersized player that’ll be a 4 or 5 this year will be Smith and he’ll only be at the 4 so I’m losing track of what your point is

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Honkyman said:

We are losing two starters after this season--a scoring guard who plays some point (Green) and a center (Davis). We have not yet landed replacements for either.  Hopefully, that will change.

That’s because if the team is going to be successful the replacements for starters are already on the roster.  

Al would be my guess. Maybe Franklin will be replacement for Devonte. 

And from what I’m hearing Davis starting is not guaranteed. But even if he does you start Brunk next year. 

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s because if the team is going to be successful the replacements for starters are already on the roster.  

And from what I’m hearing Davis starting is not guaranteed. But even if he does you start Brunk next year. 

Agree — 2020 we still have TJD, Brunk, and Race.  And IF Jerome is healthy, I would think he’s a guy that can play some stretch 4.

LOL....forgot that Justin would be a senior in 2020 as well.

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Too add to this. We should never count on a freshmen to start. We should always have a quality upper class men ready to start. Even the five stars I would like to see compete with a savvy upperclassmen for the job. 

@JustinByerly: Florida State, Maryland and Indiana were at Greensboro Day this morning to see newly reclassified 2020 PG Cam Hayes.
Rivals

Just came off an OV to NC St. Seems to be the team to beat. He announced he was reclassifying right before the OV. He is busy with OVs the next few weekends. Not sure our timing is good on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app