Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

Probably used the wrong phrase there. I would love to get Garcia but I’m concerned with some of the perceived interest from the big $chool$. I haven’t heard squat about Diarra or some of the other PGs lately. Really hoping we’re still in the mix with some of them. I need to look into Loveday a little more. For some reason that idea seems kinda meh to me, but that is coming from an uninformed standpoint and also by comparing him to Garcia. I don’t see us going with both, nor would I want us to.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Garcia is priority #1 now. I’d like to see them get him on campus for Hoosier Hysteria myself. I think the staff might start looking at other recruits as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Garcia is priority #1 now. I’d like to see them get him on campus for Hoosier Hysteria myself. I think the staff might start looking at other recruits as well.

Agreed. I think Love is still coming for an official visit but I wouldn't be surprised to see new names pop up. Seems like we've lost steam with Diarra, DJ Steward, RJ Davis.

Agreed. I think Love is still coming for an official visit but I wouldn't be surprised to see new names pop up. Seems like we've lost steam with Diarra, DJ Steward, RJ Davis.

Yes Love will be on campus in a couple weeks but UNC is the presumed leader at this time.

Not surprising considering he wasn’t prioritized by the staff. Pretty much all of the current chips are in the Garcia basket right now.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

That’s a big mistake. Loveday would have been an easier pull but it looks like Chris Mack has worked his magic on him. That guy can flat out recruit.

Loveday played several seasons of AAU out of Louisville. So not really a surprise at all.

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Loveday played several seasons of AAU out of Louisville. So not really a surprise at all.

Chris few questions?  

So who would you say we are still looking at?

Did you have any clue about Geronimo?  

Did Matt Cross want to play 3 where as we saw him as a 4?

Louisville Magic. Not sure Mack had to use much magic on a kid that was close enough to campus during the summer to take multiple unofficial visits. Mack seemed to prioritize him back in June and offered while he was a top 50 recruit and has kept prioritizing him even with his slide in rankings.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Chris few questions?  

So who would you say we are still looking at?

Did you have any clue about Geronimo?  

Did Matt Cross want to play 3 where as we saw him as a 4?

Love, Garcia, Davis, Whitt for a reclassify. Getting Garcia here for HH is huge.

No clue but looks to have a very nice upside

Yes on Cross. 

We discontinued contact with him a month or two ago.

Only thing I worry about is going all in one one recruit and missing like we did with Brooks. We need a big guy so unless there was writing on the wall with IU not getting a chance with Loveday, I just hate putting all our chips in only one basket.

Still love our class so far, and curious if Archie will try to get one to redshirt since we have 3 wing type players in this one class.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We discontinued contact with him a month or two ago. 

In regard to Loveday and Garcia - Loveday would be a more traditional 5 and Garcia is more of a face up 4? So does Garcia help as much in losing Davis as Loveday might have?

Regardless, I think Garcia would be great to add to the class of 2020.

We can now be EXTREMELY choosy.

For me, that means Love, Garcia, or Whitt, or in lieu of one of them, a post-season big  transfer that would sit one year to play two or three. That allows us to stay old, and to get a player in the program who will be completely immersed by the time he takes the court. It also gives us a year with likely bigs as a senior Justin Smith, a junior Race Thompson, a sophomore TJD, and a senior Brunk. That is more than enough size. 

I think y'all are largely sleeping on Race Thompson's ability to contribute.