Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

The new 247Sports rankings are out: Anthony Leal is No. 109 and Trey Galloway is No. 110.

Since they're outside the top 100, is the sky falling?

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The new 247Sports rankings are out: Anthony Leal is No. 109 and Trey Galloway is No. 110.

Isn't that about where Phinisee was or maybe even higher?

Latest 247 ratings for IU targets.  Numbers in parentheses denote how many spots they climbed since the previous ranking except for Matt Cross -- he delined 9 spots.  Jordan Geronimo with a massive jump.

#21 Dawson Garcia (1)

#22 Caleb Love (3)

#25 DJ Steward (5)

#64 RJ Davis (36)

#67 Jalen Bridges (11)

#64 RJ Davis (36)

#72 Hassan Diarra (5)

#85 Jordan Geronimo (Prev NR)

#97 Matt Cross (-9)

Latest 247 ratings for IU targets.  Numbers in parentheses denote how many spots they climbed since the previous ranking except for Matt Cross -- he delined 9 spots.  Jordan Geronimo with a massive jump.
#21 Dawson Garcia (1)
#22 Caleb Love (3)
#25 DJ Steward (5)
#64 RJ Davis (36)
#67 Jalen Bridges (11)
#64 RJ Davis (36)
#72 Hassan Diarra (5)
#97 Matt Cross (-9)

I wonder what caused the fall for Cross, the kid balled out this summer right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Man 9 spots and 10 spots away from having couple 4 star top 100 kids according to 247 instead we get a couple 4 star kids outside the top 100 according to 247.

I do know that Franklin has been running some point to just have another ball-handler in the future. 

That’s good to know he’s getting some run at point. If Durham and Franklin show enough this season running point we might not need a 2020 point. Lander in 2021 would be huge though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

#21 Dawson Garcia (1)
#22 Caleb Love (3)
#25 DJ Steward (5)
#64 RJ Davis (36)
#67 Jalen Bridges (11)
#64 RJ Davis (36)
#72 Hassan Diarra (5)
#97 Matt Cross (-9)

For the record, ESPN has Cross at 80 in their latest projections. Not sure what he was before that and not saying one website is better than the other, just stating.

I'm sure with some

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t be my preference, but if the staff desires that kind of roster makeup, I can see it. Would rather see 1 or the other, my minimally informed opinion would be Geronimo, and a big, preferably with rim protection skills. 

This is the way I’m leaning, right now. I’d like Geronimo, good shooter with length and athleticism. The final spot I’d take either Garcia or Loveday to replace Davis.

Reality is it’ll be Cross or Geronimo and it’ll likely be whoever decides first. Likely Cross if I was to guess. Then one of the other pg’s or bigs being recruited. Hopefully Garcia, Love, or Loveday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I had to do some scrolling to find this thread but it seems to be the most appropriate. With Galloway, Leal, and Geronimo in the fold, which one or two recruits in this class are the most likely to fall into IU’s lap?

Nobody will "fall into IU’s lap" but I imagine the pressure on Garcia will ramp up from several directions. Leal and Galloway both know him from the AAU circuit and I assume the staff is making him a priority. He will have Duke and UK calling soon I'm sure so it won't be easy.

Probably used the wrong phrase there. I would love to get Garcia but I’m concerned with some of the perceived interest from the big $chool$. I haven’t heard squat about Diarra or some of the other PGs lately. Really hoping we’re still in the mix with some of them. I need to look into Loveday a little more. For some reason that idea seems kinda meh to me, but that is coming from an uninformed standpoint and also by comparing him to Garcia. I don’t see us going with both, nor would I want us to.