Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seems

2 spots left most likely.

1. Garcia, Loveday, Ferguson-Brown

2. Diarra, Love, RJ Davis (all seem like long shots)

3. Would like Cross, but not feeling that either.

Who’s it gonna be. Someone not named?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Want Garcia and a grad transfer PG

I’d prefer to land a big man and call it a day for this class. Save as many scholarships for 2021 as you possibly can state is oozing with talent

If possible, I’d like to see us go the grad transfer route for a pg so we get the best of both worlds. We have a backup to Phin and he only takes a scholly for one year before, hopefully, Lander arrives in Btown.

This might be a small factor for Lander but I hope that Phin and Green play well together this season to kind of show Lander that Phin can play next to another ball handler/play maker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Since his recruitment will be over in the next couple weeks, do we still lead for Cross considering he took two unexpected visits to A&M and Florida?

When’s his announcement day?

I’d prefer to land a big man and call it a day for this class. Save as many scholarships for 2021 as you possibly can state is oozing with talent

Pretty sure Archie has said he has been planning on this class to be a 4 man class and 2021 to be a 3 man class.

Since his recruitment will be over in the next couple weeks, do we still lead for Cross considering he took two unexpected visits to A&M and Florida?

He still has to take the A&M official. After that sounds like a decision won’t be too far after. I still think IU has as good as chance as anyone and with Archie prioritizing Cross and basically taking over his recruitment as the lead guy I think that will stand out. Archie is all-in on Cross

He still has to take the A&M official. After that sounds like a decision won’t be too far after. I still think IU has as good as chance as anyone and with Archie prioritizing Cross and basically taking over his recruitment as the lead guy I think that will stand out. Archie is all-in on Cross

Glad to hear. Thanks

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Hmmm, I'm certainly not against taking Cross, but it seems odd when a PG and Big seem like much greater needs, at least to me.

Some recent posts in the Matt Cross thread got me thinking...

Would we take Cross and Geronimo to close out the 2020 class? I know they’re different players but we’ve already signed two wings (Galloway possibly being able to play limited minutes at point) for the 2020 class.

Phin has the point locked down but after that we’ll have a lot of wings. I trust a senior Durham to run backup point for Phin to get a breather here and there. After that we won’t really have a lead guard on the roster. Do we need another point in 2020 to backup Phin or can we wait until 2021 to go all in on Lander?

2020 roster
PG - Phin, Durham
Wings - Durham, Anderson, Hunter, Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo (if we land him)
Big Wings - Smith, Thompson, Jackson-Davis, Cross
Bigs - Brunk, Thompson, Jackson-Davis

That would leave us with 3 open scholarships for 2021 but we’d only have one true point on the roster for 2020-2021. We’d also be somewhat thin at the true big position.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would we take Cross and Geronimo to close out the 2020 class? I know they’re different players but we’ve already signed two wings (Galloway possibly being able to play limited minutes at point) for the 2020 class.

Phin has the point locked down but after that we’ll have a lot of wings. I trust a senior Durham to run backup point for Phin to get a breather here and there. After that we won’t really have a lead guard on the roster. Do we need another point in 2020 to backup Phin or can we wait until 2021 to go all in on Lander?

2020 roster
PG - Phin, Durham
Wings - Durham, Anderson, Hunter, Franklin, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo (if we land him)

That would leave us with 3 open scholarships for 2021 but we’d only have one true point on the roster for 2020-2021. We’d also be somewhat thin at the true big position.

I totally could see that happening. That much easier to attract the 1 and 2 Indiana players in 21. Who are a big and a point. 

50 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

2020 roster
PG - Phin, Durham

Wouldn’t be my preference, but if the staff desires that kind of roster makeup, I can see it. Would rather see 1 or the other, my minimally informed opinion would be Geronimo, and a big, preferably with rim protection skills.