Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

New Rivals rankings out:
https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2020
#79 Matt Cross
# 104 RJ Davis
#112 Anthony Leal (down 22 spots)
Galloway - NR
#38 - Dawson Garcia
#69 - Zach Loveday (down 15 spots)
Rankings don't mean everything but this is pretty underwhelming...hope again that we can grab another grad transfer guard or pull a rabbit out of a hat somewhere. 

What’s underwhelming about it?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How about the fact we only seem in on one top 50 kid? Again, not all about rankings but its just surprising. 

2020 was always this way. It’s bizarre I guess but inside out doesn’t always get you the best talent every year.

But maybe we can build an actual team this way.

FWIW Jaden Ivey went the opposite direction and is now best rated player in Indiana according to Rivals.

Imo Galloway not being rated is a crime.

Steward went clear up to 30ish based on one huge weekend.

Hoggard's AAU stats.  Nice overall FG% but sub-par on his 3's although he's not a big 3-point shooter.  Really nice rebound and assist numbers; couple of really nasty games in terms of TO's.

A. J. Hoggard '20 (PG) - PSA Cardinals         
Date W/L Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
4/26 W 31 12 21 6 7 1 2 2 5 6 2 0
4/27 W 19 6 11 6 9 1 2 2 4 3 1 0
4/27 L 11 5 11 1 2 0 1 5 3 2 1 0
4/28 W 15 5 8 3 5 2 3 2 5 6 0 0
5/10 W 12 5 10 1 2 1 3 7 8 2 1 1
5/11 W 12 5 11 2 3 0 2 5 5 1 1 0
5/11 W 15 5 10 5 9 0 2 2 4 7 1 0
5/12 W 18 5 11 8 13 1 4 4 9 0 2 0
5/24 L 16 8 16 0 1 0 2 4 5 3 3 0
5/25 W 23 5 11 12 15 1 3 5 6 2 5 1
5/25 L 10 4 8 2 4 0 0 3 4 3 1 0
5/26 W 12             2 3 0 1 1
5/26 W 16 8 12 0 0 0 1 6 7 1 1 0

Avg   16.2 52%   66%   28%   4 5 3 2 0
# Gms 13                        

2020 never seemed like a push for elite talent but adding solid players who can develop as role players. I’d be stoked if it ended up like a 2010 or 2015 class.

I think we missed out on one of our instant impact 2019 recruits (Brooks) and are pushing for an instant impact 2021 class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2020 never seemed like a push for elite talent but adding solid players who can develop as role players. I’d be stoked if it ended up like a 2010 or 2015 class.

I think we missed out on one of our instant impact 2019 recruits (Brooks) and are pushing for an instant impact 2021 class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah we were expecting 2 second year top 35 ish talents and were trying to load up on role players due to our heavy presence of upper class men contributors. For me, that’s why I am not a fan of putting all of my eggs in one basket.

Zagoria -

Elijah Hutchins-Everett, the 6-foot-10 big man from the Miller School (VA), is strongly considering reclassifying to the Class of 2021 from 2020, he told ZAGSBLOG.  Hutchins-Everett is currently in the Class of 2020, but has transferred to the Miller School from Montclair (N.J.) Immaculate Conception and may move to 2021.  “I might reclass to the Class of 2021 but f I have a good season this year, I’ll stay the Class of 2020 and I’ll go straight to college,” he said Saturday at Blair Academy where his team was competing in the Mid-Atlantic Independent Schools Shootout.  He said several schools are recruiting him hard at this point, including Marquette, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall and Indiana.  He holds offers from Seton Hall, Rutgers, Syracuse, Penn State and Minnesota, among others. 

He broke down several of them. 

Seton Hall: “They want me to come in as the replacement for their big, [Angel] Delgado. They want me to come in and be a big part of their team off the bat.

”Marquette: “They’re a great group of guys, they share the ball. I know that they do all guard work, but I know they’re also looking for a big that they can spread the floor around.

”Indiana: “Same way, they’re looking for a big that can help spread the floor and rebound.

”Pitt: “They want me to come in and be their guy and come in and be hard-working non-stop. They want a player who can go out there and play, not just for scoring and all that.”

Hutchins-Everett has no timetable on cutting down his list or taking visits.  “Elijah has great potential to be a highly productive big man when his body and mind are in optimal condition,” Miller School coach Danny Manuel said.  “He is excited to get to work, which is very encouraging."

So what is the most realistic '20 class at this point?

Galloway, Cross &.....who else?

I'm also hoping for Loveday to replace Davis and a PG (even a Grad transfer) to back-up Phinisee. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

So what is the most realistic '20 class at this point?

Galloway, Cross &.....who else?

I'm also hoping for Loveday to replace Davis and a PG (even a Grad transfer) to back-up Phinisee. 

Feels like Galloway and Leal are both high likelihood. After that, next tier of likelihood might be Loveday and Cross.  I would love it if we snagged a Dawson Garcia, DJ Steward, Hassan Diarra or RJ Davis though. 

This is my list of 14 offers we have outstanding to the '20 class.  If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.  Personally, I think Burnett, A. Jackson and I. Jackson are pretty much out of the picture with Love and Garcia also fading away.   I'm in no way an insider but that's my gut feeling.

AAU Name Pos. 247 AAU Team High School

EYBL Brakefield, Jaemyn PF 4 Phenom U Huntington Prep
Adidas Jalen Bridges SF 3 Wildcats Select Fairmont HS
EYBL Burnett, Nimari G 4 Team WhyNot Prolific Prep
EYBL Cross, Matt PF 3 BABC Brewster Prep
EYBL Davis, R. J. CG 3 The Rens Archbishop Stepinac
EYBL Diarra, Hassan PG 4 PSA Cardinals Putnam Science Academy
Adidas Galloway, Trey SG 4 Indiana Elite 2020 Culver Military Academy
Adidas Garcia, Dawson PF 4 D1 Minnesota Prior Lake HS
EYBL Jackson, Andre SF 4 City Rocks Albany Academy for Boys
EYBL Jackson, Isaiah PF 5 The Family Detroit Waterford Mott HS
Adidas Leal, Anthony SG 4 Indiana Elite 2020 Bloomingston South HS
EYBL Love, Caleb PG 4 Bradley Beal Elite Christian Brothers College 
Adidas Loveday, Zach C 4 Wildcats Select Huntington Prep
EYBL Steward, D. J. PG 4 MeanStreets Fenwick HS

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is my list of 14 offers we have outstanding to the '20 class.  If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.  Personally, I think Burnett, A. Jackson and I. Jackson are pretty much out of the picture with Love and Garcia also fading away.   I'm in no way an insider but that's my gut feeling.

AAU Name Pos. 247 AAU Team High School

EYBL Brakefield, Jaemyn PF 4 Phenom U Huntington Prep
Adidas Jalen Bridges SF 3 Wildcats Select Fairmont HS
EYBL Burnett, Nimari G 4 Team WhyNot Prolific Prep
EYBL Cross, Matt PF 3 BABC Brewster Prep
EYBL Davis, R. J. CG 3 The Rens Archbishop Stepinac
EYBL Diarra, Hassan PG 4 PSA Cardinals Putnam Science Academy
Adidas Galloway, Trey SG 4 Indiana Elite 2020 Culver Military Academy
Adidas Garcia, Dawson PF 4 D1 Minnesota Prior Lake HS
EYBL Jackson, Andre SF 4 City Rocks Albany Academy for Boys
EYBL Jackson, Isaiah PF 5 The Family Detroit Waterford Mott HS
Adidas Leal, Anthony SG 4 Indiana Elite 2020 Bloomingston South HS
EYBL Love, Caleb PG 4 Bradley Beal Elite Christian Brothers College 
Adidas Loveday, Zach C 4 Wildcats Select Huntington Prep
EYBL Steward, D. J. PG 4 MeanStreets Fenwick HS

Yes to Galloway, Loveday, Cross and Leal!