Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Why aren’t we recruiting Mabor Majak? From Hamilton Southeastern? He’s 7”1 and seems to be very mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Never seen him play but if he were that mobile I would expect to see more rebounds and blocked shots.  He's also been foul prone in his AAU games picking up 5 fouls in 2 games and 4 in another in less than 20 minutes of action in all 3 of those games.

Mabor Majak '20 ( C ) - Indiana Elite                
Date W / L Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Blks. Stls.

Avg   3.4 48%   #DIV/0!   44%   4 0 1 1 0
# Gms AAU 7                        
# Gms MP 25 8.4             6 1   1  

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Why aren’t we recruiting Mabor Majak? From Hamilton Southeastern? He’s 7”1 and seems to be very mobile.

Because in 1 sentence you correctly hit on 2 of his 3 positives traits. He’s 7’1” and he’s mobile. He also plays hard. Really bad hands. Bad feet in traffic. High center of gravity. No developed skills. Poor defensive instincts. He has a chance to be a little better Tijuan Jobe. I would think he ends up at a midmajor on physical profile. But he would have to absolutely explode to be a high D1 prospect.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Everything I’ve seen and read about him screams project. He’d be a practice player but wouldn’t be an in game, on the court contributor. 

I would say Leal, Cross, Davis, Galloway and Love would be IU’s primary targets for this cycle based on who the staff have watched and prioritized and based on mutual interest. I believe there is high interest on both sides for these top 5

I would say Leal, Cross, Davis, Galloway and Love would be IU’s primary targets for this cycle based on who the staff have watched and prioritized and based on mutual interest. I believe their is high interest on both sides for these top 5

Agree, I’m thinking we must have a tier 1 target big man too.

Garcia? Loveday?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree, I’m thinking we must have a tier 1 target big man too.

Garcia? Loveday?

Garcia probably would be considered a big man top target but I don’t see enough mutual interest to put him in the group with the other 5 yet. Maybe in time that changes but out of those 5, Cross would be the closest to a tier 1 big in my opinion. He isn’t a guard or a wing so maybe they consider him a front court player

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can we land a primary recruiting target?

Who are our tier 1 targets?

All the guys with offers already?

Based on the info I have read, Cross, Leal, and Davis seem to be who the staff is going after. Love, Galloway, and Garcia are probably next. Sounding like Cross and Leal could commit this summer. 

On 5/19/2019 at 6:05 PM, HoosierFan1994 said:

Based on the info I have read, Cross, Leal, and Davis seem to be who the staff is going after. Love, Galloway, and Garcia are probably next. Sounding like Cross and Leal could commit this summer. 

Has the staff taken a look at Hunter Dickenson C 6'11 from DeMatha?

Boring few weeks, so heres my take on what I would do if I were the staff for recruiting:

1) Get Hassan Diarra to reclassify and be RP’s backup this year
2) Hone in on Caleb Love as the crown jewel for the 2020 class
3) Secure an early commitment from Galloway / Leal
4) Prioritize Darson Garcia to be DD’s successor (Zach Loveday as option B)
5) Find a wing shooter such as Cross

Boring few weeks, so heres my take on what I would do if I were the staff for recruiting:

1) Get Hassan Diarra to reclassify and be RP’s backup this year
2) Hone in on Caleb Love as the crown jewel for the 2020 class
3) Secure an early commitment from Galloway / Leal
4) Prioritize Darson Garcia to be DD’s successor (Zach Loveday as option B)
5) Find a wing shooter such as Cross

I agree with all of this except Love. That one is a long shot and the staff would be better off riding a year RP and Diarra and trying to land a scoring guard besides Leal or Galloway and then going all in on Lander in 21. Love’s recruitment seems to be exploding to the point that IU doesn’t stand much of a chance right now imo.

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I agree with all of this except Love. That one is a long shot and the staff would be better off riding a year RP and Diarra and trying to land a scoring guard besides Leal or Galloway and then going all in on Lander in 21. Love’s recruitment seems to be exploding to the point that IU doesn’t stand much of a chance right now imo.

While I agree with you, those two words mean all the difference. A tournament appearance or even a deep run can change everything. Right now Archie is unproven in Bloomington and no doubt recruits see this. But once he shows he can win (if he does), it could open the floodgates.

Archie was previously and recently quoted saying he thinks 10-11 scholarship players is ideal because numbers 11,12,13 aren’t seeing a pathway to playing time.

I get it. I think it makes a lot of sense.

But.... Archie also quoted saying he wants 4 guys in 2020. That would put us back at 13 again.

I think the truth is we struck out on our ideal targets and Archie would rather roll short than reaching for guys or getting me-first guys.

Anyway, just my 2 cents to explain the dichotomy of quotes and actions.

Rankings aren’t the end all be all.

I like Galloway and Cross as underrated recruits.

I’m a little more lukewarm about Leal and Loveday relative to rankings

Seems like

Guards: wishlist order for me

1. Steward
2. RJ Davis
3. Galloway
4. Pack
5. Leal
6. Diarra
7. Goode

I left Love off because I think we have no shot.

Get 2 of these 7 guys.

Wings-

1.) Matt Cross

Get him. I like him a lot. I realize he is a volume shooter in AAU and percentages are ideal but he’s a worker, scorer, 4 year guy. Can do a lot on the court and can shot it well at 6’7”. I’d give him Justin Smiths spot yesterday.

Bigs

1. Garcia- Stud. Chances are probably slim
2. Hutchins- would be excellent
3. Loveday- would also be excellent just to get that kind of size.

Worried we won’t land any of these 3 and then we start scurrying.