Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is the list I have of '20 offers

Burnett, Nimari G
Cross, Matt PF
Davis, R. J. CG
Galloway, Trey SG
Garcia, Dawson PF
Jackson, Andre SF
Jackson, Isaiah PF
Leal, Anthony SG
Love, Caleb PG
Loveday, Zach C
Morton, Ethan PG

Feels like we aren’t paying much attention to Burnett, Jackson, and Jackson.

That would leave eight offers for four currently open spots.

HIs comments specific to IU:  “I’ve talked to Archie Miller one time. He seems like a very good guy and he’s shown a lot of interest in me. I’ve also talked to Bruiser Flint. He has a very good relationship with my father. IU has been showing interest lately.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/05/06/q-a-class-of-2020-guard-mike-saunders-talks-recruiting/

On 5/1/2019 at 8:12 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is the list I have of '20 offers

Burnett, Nimari G
Cross, Matt PF
Davis, R. J. CG
Galloway, Trey SG
Garcia, Dawson PF
Jackson, Andre SF
Jackson, Isaiah PF
Leal, Anthony SG
Love, Caleb PG
Loveday, Zach C
Morton, Ethan PG

Is it just a fluke that this alphabetical list only goes to the letter 'M' and then stops, or is it possible this may only be half of the list?

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It really is quite an interesting phenomenon.  I looked at my 2019 spreadsheet - not guaranteeing it's 100% accurate - and we've extended formal offers to 25 kids.  Only 10 were in the N-Z surname category.  In 2018, 22 formal offers and only 3 in the N-Z category.  It's impossible to keep tabs on every kid that we may have watched at one time or another but the names I did put in my spreadsheet for 2018 and 2019 are heavily in the A-M range.  Maybe there's some kind of alphabetical phobia at work?  lol

As a side note, keeping track of AAU stats is a whole lot easier for me with Archie being far more selective in his offers that was our previous coach.

Obviously because there are no more Zeller brothers.

It really is quite an interesting phenomenon.  I looked at my 2019 spreadsheet - not guaranteeing it's 100% accurate - and we've extended formal offers to 25 kids.  Only 10 were in the N-Z surname category.  In 2018, 22 formal offers and only 3 in the N-Z category.  It's impossible to keep tabs on every kid that we may have watched at one time or another but the names I did put in my spreadsheet for 2018 and 2019 are heavily in the A-M range.  Maybe there's some kind of alphabetical phobia at work?  lol
As a side note, keeping track of AAU stats is a whole lot easier for me with Archie being far more selective in his offers that was our previous coach.

Give it time OF. With the locals getting restless in May, you are about to see target practice with a shotgun from Archie .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

We only want to offer the upper level, and that includes alphabetically.

(I don't know which one is the sarcasm font.)

What does it say about us group of IU weirdos on BTB that you actually have to clarify that you're being sarcastic/funny with that post LOL

Top-100 big man Elijah Hutchins-Everett "very interested" in Indiana Story from @BSnow247

Jeff Rabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Watching some video on this kid I like his shot out to 15 feet. He looked more comfortable in pick n roll than on the block.

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Top-100 big man Elijah Hutchins-Everett "very interested" in Indiana Story from @BSnow247

Jeff Rabjohns

Somebody needed some clicks it looks like with the way this info came out. 

On 5/8/2019 at 9:55 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

oh my, I hope we did not accidentally stumble upon a flaw in the process.  that would be hilarious in such a very bad way.  watch next year's offers make it only halfway through the list again, this time coming from the bottom of the list alphabetically to the top, in an obvious attempt to disguise another half-@$$ effort.  too funny.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:00 AM, chicagoHOOSIER said:

oh my, I hope we did not accidentally stumble upon a flaw in the process.  that would be hilarious in such a very bad way.  watch next year's offers make it only halfway through the list again, this time coming from the bottom of the list alphabetically to the top, in an obvious attempt to disguise another half-@$$ effort.  too funny.

It might not be a phenomenon. We offered 28% of the players n-z over the 2 years. For the 2019's only 33% of top 100 are n-z. Seems fairly close to the actual ratio.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:40 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I’m really interested to see if IU starts taking a closer look at Pack. He’s small but he’s a fantastic scorer and just seems to be a winner

Why aren’t we recruiting Mabor Majak? From Hamilton Southeastern? He’s 7”1 and seems to be very mobile.

His composite is hovering 250. I am not a huge ranking guy outside 100 or so, but when in a year you drop 150 spots there is a reason. Especially at that size.