Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2020 General Recruiting Thread

Little piece of trivia on Ben Carlson (Cottage Grove, MN) whom we've had more than a passing interest in.

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten 

Nebraska’s Fred Hoiberg has reaffirmed four-star junior Ben Carlson’s offer, he told @Stockrisers.  Ben’s father, Marc, played college ball at Iowa State with Hoiberg.

Jake‏Verified account @jakeweingarten
Indiana was in today for four-star Lynn Greer, a source told @Stockrisers. Head Coach, Archie Miller, will watch Greer this weekend.

And a few others
https://hoosierstateofmind.com/2019/04/23/indiana-basketball-archie-miller-staying-busy-visits-three-prospects/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

If I'm Archie I'm not wasting time on the 19 guys any longer. I don't believe LQ or TW are realistic options at this point. I'm banking those scholarships getting Leal and Galloway, then adding a couple of higher recruits if possible. 

What about other grad transfers? They wouldn't impact '20 scholarship availability and we have certainly have room and needs to fill. Are we set with Brunk or do you see the staff pursuing others in the grad transfer market? 

15 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What about other grad transfers? They wouldn't impact '20 scholarship availability and we have certainly have room and needs to fill. Are we set with Brunk or do you see the staff pursuing others in the grad transfer market? 

It's just me but if there was someone out there the staff liked I think we would have heard about it by now. 

ESPN's latest Top 100 in this class.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/espnu100/sort/rank/class/2020

#12  Jalen Suggs

#14 Isaiah Jackson

#23  Nimari Burnett

#27  Caleb Love

#32  Cam'Ron Fletcher

#36  Dawson Garcia

#40  Andre Jackson

#44 Ethan Morton

#47  Keon Johnson 

#86  Ben Carlson

#92   Davion Bradford

#93  Lynn Greer

#94  R. J. Davis

#97  Mike Saunders

Saunders is in prep school in Utah FWIW and IU has picked up interest and will be watching this weekend
A lot of other people that cover Indiana high school basketball would probably disagree with that order. Kendrick is an interesting follow. Surprised the top 10 isn’t from southern Indiana. Lol. Pocket city

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Saunders is in prep school in Utah FWIW and IU has picked up interest and will be watching this weekend
A lot of other people that cover Indiana high school basketball would probably disagree with that order. Kendrick is an interesting follow. Surprised the top 10 isn’t from southern Indiana. Lol. Pocket city

Yep, knew that. He knows a thing or 2 about basketball. Always hard to differentiate good players, but it’s fascinating nonetheless.

Yep, knew that. He knows a thing or 2 about basketball. Always hard to differentiate good players, but it’s fascinating nonetheless.

Definitely fascinating. National scout yesterday said if he was IU he would not offer Ivey and has been on record saying if he was IU he would of offered Leal by now

With Leal and Galloway officially getting offers and both having decently high odds of accepting.

It’s been my belief for a while, based on our 2020 targets, that 2020 will be statistically underwhelming on paper.

Is this the formula that works for Indiana? Getting moderately rated kids that will work hard and maybe be willing to wait their turn. Produce as upperclassmen.

Also. Assuming we get Leal and Galloway. Phin and Franklin remain. Limited space for 2021 with Luke Brown (if he blossoms-I think he will) and Lander.

Interesting

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

With Leal and Galloway officially getting offers and both having decently high odds of accepting.

It’s been my belief for a while, based on our 2020 targets, that 2020 will be statistically underwhelming on paper.

Is this the formula that works for Indiana? Getting moderately rated kids that will work hard and maybe be willing to wait their turn. Produce as upperclassmen.

Also. Assuming we get Leal and Galloway. Phin and Franklin remain. Limited space for 2021 with Luke Brown (if he blossoms-I think he will) and Lander.

Interesting

I think we’re going to have 4 schollies, potentially 5 with a transfer, for 2020. Both of these offers make sense in my opinion